Constellation Blu Cabin, freaking out 9105

RNCheryl

Cabin 9105 on Southern Caribbean cruise.

Linked to a website that said this was a loud cabin under the pool deck with lots of ambient noise at late hours, and small balcony.,

Am a light sleeper; do I need to worry?  TA chose the cabin.

First....Breath ....now exhale....Relax.    All is good.  You are going on a cruise.  Now for some basics:

Rule #1:  Don't let a TA pick your cabin.  They don't have to live in it ...  and don't care as much as you do.  You have to learn where to book.

Rule #2:  Tell us your departure date.  We all know websites (that we cannot mention due to forum rules) that will show all available rooms.  Tell us your date and we can tell you if you should move and to where.

That's what makes CC so great....  so much info here!

The members here will help you...just give us the info we need to help.  Talk to us!

• Like 6

Just about all of the A2's are under the pool or Oceanview Cafe.  You might want to pay a little extra to upgrade to an A1 on Deck 11.  If you are a Captain's Club member, you can get an A1 for the price of an A2.  🍷

• Like 1

I was on the Summit in Aqua 9089 few years ago. I did not follow CC advice.  I slept OK but early every AM I was woken by the chairs being moved.   I guess the crew was cleaning and moving chairs.  I did not like the balcony either.   Last year I was on deck 8 on the Summit and no problems with noise. So I would recommend changing rooms. 

38 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Just about all of the A2's are under the pool or Oceanview Cafe.  You might want to pay a little extra to upgrade to an A1 on Deck 11.  If you are a Captain's Club member, you can get an A1 for the price of an A2.  🍷

There are number of A2s aft of the elevators and under other cabins.  I suggest you check out the deck plans below:

05F64C24-3590-45F3-AA11-C127EB100B19.png

Edited by Oville

Was this booked as part of a group?  Sometimes TAs can offer better pricing that way, in which case your options to move may be more limited.  It's definitely worth finding out if you can move and then having a list of cabins that you'd prefer. 

The Aqua cabins aft of 9108 and 9125 will be much quieter. They are under the carpeted portion of the restaurant but still very convenient to all the activities of deck 10. There is a variable overhang but this works well if you like a cooler cabin in the hot Caribbean. 

The deck 11 starboard and port cabins have a very shallow overhang and the balconies can't be totally enjoyed in rain or snow.

The deck 11 aft cabins are wonderful but hard to get.

3 hours ago, Wine-O said:

You have to take the one cabin move up when you book the cruise.

9 hours ago, Oville said:

There are number of A2s aft of the elevators and under other cabins.  I suggest you check out the deck plans below:

Those A2's aft of the elevators are under the Oceanview Cafe.  There are no staterooms on Deck 10.🍷

6 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

You have to take the one cabin move up when you book the cruise.

Not necessarily.  We were in an A2 on Solstice, and after final payment an A1 on the hump opened up, and they let me move up without paying extra as my one category upgrade.  You just have to ask.  🍷

Hope this works out for OP.

Many TAs don't cruise alot..Cruise Critic members know All the ships! I expect you will need your TA  to assist with a room change??

We never take the A1 upgrade,  so don't worry about the category. It's the location that counts.   Look for aft or forward..some are quiet. We moved from a primo  AQ midships location on Connie to escape  insane dj vibration and noise to an AQ one up front...(sorry my notes are packed for exact cabin no.)  It was forward ( on right as you look to bridge) but so surprisingly quiet, smooth ride.  We had great views of bridge and sea.  We lucked out!,

We avoid kitchen and cafe areas, the stage  on pool deck where  the DJ plays and people dance, and anything  under hot tubs or pools.. We had a great cabin once  except for the loud constant swish of draining water somewhere???

Good luck!

2 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Those A2's aft of the elevators are under the Oceanview Cafe.  There are no staterooms on Deck 10.🍷

Thanks for the correct.  We have stayed back there on munerous occasions and the cabins are very quiet.

31 minutes ago, RNCheryl said:

Thanks to all of you.  I will do a little research and let you know.

The cruise is 11/21/20 out of Tampa.  Suggestions??

I do like the idea of some shade on the balcony.  It's the noise that bothers me.

Now that we know your sailing date, Staterooms 9106/9108/9110 are available and are under the carpeted area of the Ocean View Cafe.  Either one of these three would be excellent choices.  🍷

4 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Not necessarily.  We were in an A2 on Solstice, and after final payment an A1 on the hump opened up, and they let me move up without paying extra as my one category upgrade.  You just have to ask.  🍷

I asked in August, on the Equinox and they said no.

4 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Our UK based TA claim that you can only upgrade within 48 hours of booking if there is an A1 available. I have booked an A2 when all A1's had gone. When one opened up at a later date we were not allowed to change and were quoted the 48 hour rule. 

Whilst I have no doubt others have done it as Celebrity are the most, inconsistent company known to man, it can't be guaranteed. 

50 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

We have sailed in 9104 (also available) and it was fine.  I'm an extremely light sleeper.

Yes, and 9100 and 9102 are also available.  I haven't stayed in that area, but looking at the deck plans above, I would be concerned with the two restrooms above and if they would hear a bit of flushing/water running.  Since you didn't encounter any, I would guess it would be insulated above. 

P.S.  We like Blu on the M-Class ships because the kitchens for Blu & MDR are very close.  If you see something you would like on the MDR menu, it's easy for your server to get.   🍷

Edited by Wine-O

19 hours ago, RNCheryl said:

Cabin 9105 on Southern Caribbean cruise.

Linked to a website that said this was a loud cabin under the pool deck with lots of ambient noise at late hours, and small balcony.,

Am a light sleeper; do I need to worry?  TA chose the cabin.

Aqua class was developed to sell poor cabin locations at a premium.  Blu is very nice but you usually need to accept one of these cabin with potential problems.  It was interesting to look at the available/sold cabins for your sailing on 11/21/20.  Almost all of the A2 cabins are available with the exception of the A2 cabins under the Solarium.  Those A2 cabins have the least possibility for noise.  The veteran Aqua class cruisers beat you to those cabins.  If it were me, I would move up to A1 Aqua class for a slight premium (or none if you area Captain's Club member).  This also assumes that prices have not increased since you made your booking.  Almost all of the A1 cabins are available.  Although not important for these A1 cabins, I would always select a cabin on the starboard side.  There are smoking areas on the port side on the promenade deck and sometimes the smoke can drift up and affect people on the balconies.  Why take the chance?  

I was in an Aqua room that was under the forward corner of the solarium or aft corner of the spa on the starboard side. It had a huge balcony and was quiet. Sorry, I don't have the ability to find the room number right now, but if you check the deck plans you will see it based on my description.