accepted Shore Ex price guarantee

JoAnneNYI

1 hour ago, JoAnneNYI said:

I received an email saying request form was accepted. Can anyone tell me where the OBC will show up? Do I need to wait until after the ship excursion is completed to see it on my account? 

In the e-mail I received from Princess (Best Price Guarantee-Request Accepted)  the information in the e-mail stated that the credit will be in the form of a non-refundable stateroom charge.  I would be able to see the credit on my Stateroom Account once I was on board.

I think it showed up as a refundable OBC on my account for my Island Princess cruise last summer. In my case, it was just a $23.10 credit, for a big savings of $2.10 from booking the excursion directly with the company. 

A $30 difference in price will get you 10 percent of the difference back. You could book it for $159 with Princess and receive OBC for $33 (the $30 difference in price plus $3 for the 10 percent of the difference). Or you could book it directly with the vendor for $129.

The thing I forgot to mention in my previous response is that there are other benefits of booking with Princess. I was quarantined on my cruise last month and missed an excursion in Cartagena. The shore excursion desk canceled the excursion for me the next day when I was released by the medical center from being quarantined. I would have probably lost my money if I had booked it independently and prepaid for the excursion.

Edited by geoherb
  • Like 2

I think you meant 110 percent of the difference back? So for example, I am looking at a helicopter glacier trek that is $579.95 through Princess and $529 if booked directly with the vendor. That's a price difference of $50.95. If approved I would get about $56 back as nonrefundable OBC then? And I had read that it doesn't post to your onboard account until after you complete the excursion, is that correct?