Which restaurant would you pick for special occasion on Edge

Karti

2 hours ago, mafig said:

I haven't been on Edge, so excuse me  if this is a stupid question, but isn't Eden outside too?  (It was mentioned the other outside restaurants were windy.)

Eden is totally inside on 3 floors with a beautiful aft all glass atrium type windows.    At the entrance to Eden you will find the Eden Cafe -   it has about 3 cafe high top tables and an entrance to a outside deck area that has table and chairs.   If filled many take their meal into Eden.

16F4ECA1-C74F-46F9-A002-A509037FF62D.thumb.jpeg.bfa51af925a3daace6941de3ebeb3de5.jpeg

E5935789-2118-4F30-9F65-0F961756D27B.thumb.jpeg.c723e16a10a7b02d5258687175baf1fa.jpeg

192BF690-8DF3-4C47-A31C-6FA841EDB3C1.thumb.jpeg.b3fe9685bf022ee7cff4635e54cca25d.jpeg

9017D789-E3A0-4CA7-9070-67627FF834FF.thumb.jpeg.7dc295ff9f76a3c614332ea3acea69fd.jpeg

you can see the tables outside 

7249EACE-A862-48F1-BCF2-73623DE91B7F.thumb.jpeg.2c9a5b3a6778fe09e24392e25c55c3c6.jpeg

F7E6DAE4-922E-4640-B870-F2D21BE5E531.thumb.jpeg.f2b8f999966c6cb5bc312b43d12597dc.jpeg

73900BC2-9544-4B2D-A793-7DB4EB8D7DC8.thumb.jpeg.23875f359a13e6ce801ae10bbc24d8f6.jpeg

0F425A0D-FD71-4E9D-B086-3F026E3555BB.thumb.jpeg.90074d8a2c43f7a7c99158357d3e6a23.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

Thanks for the pictures.  Lunch looks really good there.

Since I had envisioned Eden outside, I went to YouTube to get a better idea of what it's like.  I saw one video of dinner there, posted by a TA that does a lot of YouTube videos.

I just can't picture my dh enjoying that dinner and show.  🤔

Although it would be funny to see his face when presented with one strawberry.

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The food was good but the menu is a pretty much set menu with just 2 choices for each course.   I very much enjoyed it but didn't find it exciting enough to do a second time even as a free dinner.     We were seated near the open kitchen and couldn't see any of the show and at times the loudness of the show overpowered the ambiance.  

Others can comment on the ability to see the show from other areas but it appeared there were only about 1/4 of the seating in a place that could see any of the show.  

To see the show you are much better off just sitting around the railing overlooking Eden and have a drink. 

I agree with you about trying to combine the show and dinner, Jim. We opted to treat the Eden show (which was not scheduled every night of our TA) and dinner at Eden and as separate activities. As we were coordinating our dining with friends, this strategy worked quite well for us. Given the issues at Fine Cut (loud noise from the atrium) and the RTG (wind), DH and I enjoyed dinner at Eden the most of the three. We’ll give the other specialty restaurants another chance, but our current plan (unless Katie tells us the noise issue in Fine Cut has improved), is to spend our anniversary dining at Eden. We truly missed Murano when we were on Edge, as that has been our special occasion restaurant (since the loss of the beautiful M-class restaurants anyway). I can’t imagine dining at Eden more than once per cruise, since - as you say - it has a very limited menu.

Also, we had no issues with the Edenists. They were not intrusive or offensive. In fact, I found them charming and entertaining. Loved not being approached by anyone trying to sell us packages or take our photo during our dinner at Eden!

- Michelle 

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Oville said:

Thank you Jim, I’m going in with an open mind.  We will be there while we are still in port, San Juan.

One more question and I’m sorry if I’m pestering you, did you and Iain have lunch in the Le Grande Bistro?  Thanks, Katie 

Katie..we had lunch at the Grand Bistro...one of the  best meals on EDGE. We actually skipped dinner the night we went for lunch,

Great selection,  service, ambiance,  wine etc,

We think it's a must do,..hope someone can post the menu!!!

20191117_115950.jpg

20191117_120019.jpg

20191117_115929.jpg

20191117_115048.jpg

We Our cruise is winding down but wanted to say thanks to all of you for your tips on dining on the Edge.  We had a fabulous dinner at Eden and that night there was a duo, not Edenists, performing.  It was our best meal of the cruise.

We did have lunch 3 times at Le Grand Bistro with the lamb chops, burger and Coq au Vin as the highlights.  The lobster bisque and the French onion soup were also very, very good.  We tried the duck but it wasn’t a favorite.

Finally mafig, we had a great dinner at Fine Cuts both enjoying the prime rib and the brownie dessert.

Thanks again for your input, Katie

Edited by Oville
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Oville said:

Finally mafig, we had a great dinner at Fine Cuts both enjoying the prime rib and the brownie dessert.

Thanks for getting back to me about Fine Cuts.

I should look at that menu more closely.  I didn't see prime rib on it.  Since I don't think Luminae serves prime rib (pls. correct me if I'm wrong), that might be a good choce for me.❤️

13 minutes ago, mafig said:

Thanks for getting back to me about Fine Cuts.

I should look at that menu more closely.  I didn't see prime rib on it.  Since I don't think Luminae serves prime rib (pls. correct me if I'm wrong), that might be a good choce for me.❤️

The correct menu is on the app and includes the prime rib, a new addition since we last cruised on the Edge in April.  If you go, go hungry.

Never saw prime rib in Luminae this cruise.

Edited by Oville