(non cheerleader) opinions or reviews of carnival journeys cruises.

scpirate

25 minutes ago, leen50 said:

I never said it was an inconvenience, it was the only difference with the increased amt. of D&P guests. 

We're going on a 14 day Journeys cruise next month. I think it's crazy that we get 10 (5 each) free bags of laundry washed. From what I've heard, you don't send anything but undies. That's a lot of undies! Everything is washed in hot water, so you risk discoloration or shrinkage (yes, George Costanza, things shrink in HOT water,too) of other clothes.

And, I've heard that the P&D's are about 1/3 usually, not 1/2 (I may be wrong). We're going with 2 couples that are not.

3 minutes ago, auburn77 said:

We're going on a 14 day Journeys cruise next month. I think it's crazy that we get 10 (5 each) free bags of laundry washed. From what I've heard, you don't send anything but undies. That's a lot of undies! Everything is washed in hot water, so you risk discoloration or shrinkage (yes, George Costanza, things shrink in HOT water,too) of other clothes.

And, I've heard that the P&D's are about 1/3 usually, not 1/2 (I may be wrong). We're going with 2 couples that are not.

What would you suggest? Undies are not the ONLY items that can be washed in hot water. Gosh, I was my jeans, t-shirts, white socks, etc, etc, etc ad nauseum in hot water! Sooooo....what seems to be the problem officer?

• Haha 1

Due to the length of the cruise, the unique ports and extra effort from Carnival, we really enjoyed both of our Journeys cruises. These are usually not family cruises or  booze cruises.  Most of the passengers are experienced cruisers. 

On port days, they did add foods reflective of the ports to the main dining room menu. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great cruise. 

I like Carnival, but the Journey cruise I took a few years back (might have changed since then) was NOT worth the amount I paid for that cruise. I don't think we enjoyed any of the "extras" that made it a journey's cruise. I know that was our choice, but they really didn't "hype" anything or promote it.......it was just like any other cruise......just longer........newer islands. IMO. 

1 hour ago, coevan said:

I don't remember the Journeys cruise to be any more per day. It's only more days, so more money.

Yup... my journeys cruise is the least expensive of the 5 cruises I have booked.  Alaska costs the most per day.

Alaska                   10-day, $280.30 per day
Hawaii Journeys 16-day, $190.61 per day
Mex/Calif Coast    6-day, $226.52 per day
West  Carib B2B    7-day, $194.97 per day 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 8:33 AM, Joebucks said:

I have yet to do one, but would jump on the opportunity to take one if I could.

From the many opinions I've heard, it is one of the best experiences towards "throwback" cruising.

Loved our 15 day thru the Panama Canal. Being a Journeys cruise offered 5 different lectures that were great-got a special pin at each. Throw back entertainment, games. All around good time

22 hours ago, Joe817 said:

What would you suggest? Undies are not the ONLY items that can be washed in hot water. Gosh, I was my jeans, t-shirts, white socks, etc, etc, etc ad nauseum in hot water! Sooooo....what seems to be the problem officer?

We used the laundry bag service on our 15 day Panama Canal cruise-didn't send fancy tops but yes shorts, t shirts, pjs, underwear, socks, etc. Usually one bag every 2-3 days. Send out in the morning may be back by evening or by morning the next day. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Yup... my journeys cruise is the least expensive of the 5 cruises I have booked.  Alaska costs the most per day.

Alaska                   10-day, $280.30 per day
Hawaii Journeys 16-day, $190.61 per day
Mex/Calif Coast    6-day, $226.52 per day
West  Carib B2B    7-day, $194.97 per day 

Is that per person a day? Reason I ask, my upcoming 10 day HI Journeys cruise comes out to $144.75 per person per day ($289.50 per day) for a balcony, which I feel is pretty darn good.

43 minutes ago, CCRUZER said:

Is that per person a day? Reason I ask, my upcoming 10 day HI Journeys cruise comes out to $144.75 per person per day ($289.50 per day) for a balcony, which I feel is pretty darn good.

Price is for one cabin with 2 occupants, balcony, Cat 8E.  Retail price is $251.50 per day without including any OBC and rebates.  Include them and the price is $190.61 per day.   

I originally booked for the cruise at a cost of $270.50 a day for a balcony, Cat 8C., but watched for price drops and asked Carnival for the lower price and category upgrade -- a couple times -- when the priced did drop.  This shaved $300 off the original fare -- including the category upgrade, it's more than $300 saved.  

On 1/12/2020 at 9:55 AM, evandbob said:

I did a 21 day B2B Journeys cruise on the Glory.  The 1st 10 days were MIA to SJU, then the next 11 were SJU south then back to MIA.

I covered a whole slew of ports, several like St Croix,  Antigua and Granada, not the usual stops.  I had an inside cabin for the 1st leg and was mysteriously chosen for an upgraded no charge balcony for the 2nd part.  Those were my main benefits, aside from the length of the cruises, which I loved.

The Journeys activities did not impress me, the food was the same as any other cruise, so those were non factors in my enjoyment.

Agree. I really don't see a big difference in them in any other cruise.

26 minutes ago, yogibear said:

Which one are you doing in May?? Hubby and I are booked on the Carnival Legend out of NYC.

Karen

We're  on the Sunrise May 25th, 9 day from NYC to Bermuda,  HMC, and Nassau. 😎

9 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Price is for one cabin with 2 occupants, balcony, Cat 8E.  Retail price is $251.50 per day without including any OBC and rebates.  Include them and the price is $190.61 per day.   

I originally booked for the cruise at a cost of $270.50 a day for a balcony, Cat 8C., but watched for price drops and asked Carnival for the lower price and category upgrade -- a couple times -- when the priced did drop.  This shaved $300 off the original fare -- including the category upgrade, it's more than $300 saved.  

Oh, Ok... When I factor in my $325 obc it brings down my per day to $257 & that's for a cat. 8D. Still sounds like I need to be talking to "your" TA.

On 1/12/2020 at 9:12 PM, auburn77 said:

is the free laundry just for P&D status?

49 minutes ago, bstel said:

is the free laundry just for P&D status?

Yes. 

Diamond:  Unlimited complimentary Wash & Fold service

Patinum:   Complimentary Wash & Fold laundry service (2 bags on 3 – 6 day cruises, 3 bags on 7-13 day cruises, 5 bags on a 14+ day cruises)

All other cruisers:    https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1134/~/laundry-service

I honestly don't even know if I have been on a Journey's cruise or if I am booked for one...

However, I will say that in my experience the 4 and 5 day cruises that just go to one or two ports tend to attract more of a party crowd.  I went to Nassau/Freeport on Carnival out of Florida a couple of years ago and it was pretty much nothing but a floating party barge. Numerous college kids, bachelor parties, etc. One night at dinner we watched these three tables next to us comprised about 20 something very drunk young men sit through dinner where only two of them ate anything. The rest just drank.  They were having a fraternity reunion.  

2 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I honestly don't even know if I have been on a Journey's cruise or if I am booked for one...

However, I will say that in my experience the 4 and 5 day cruises that just go to one or two ports tend to attract more of a party crowd.  I went to Nassau/Freeport on Carnival out of Florida a couple of years ago and it was pretty much nothing but a floating party barge. Numerous college kids, bachelor parties, etc. One night at dinner we watched these three tables next to us comprised about 20 something very drunk young men sit through dinner where only two of them ate anything. The rest just drank.  They were having a fraternity reunion.  

You would know, as they are generally longer than 10 days and there are "Journeys" banners all over the ship

3 hours ago, yogibear said:

Legend and Sunrise are doing a few 9-day cruises out of NYC in May. They are considered to be Journey cruises.

Karen

i wonder what kind of journey cruises carnival will be doing next year, hopefully the schedule comes out soon

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

i wonder what kind of journey cruises carnival will be doing next year, hopefully the schedule comes out soon

In  your first posting on this forum. you listed a carnival address in blue. I clicked it on and on the very bottom of the page is a listing that will take you to future journeys cruises for the next couple of years.I've looked it over and am hoping I can find one that the wife and I will enjoy.