(non cheerleader) opinions or reviews of carnival journeys cruises.

scpirate

On 1/14/2020 at 4:00 AM, yogibear said:

Which one are you doing in May?? Hubby and I are booked on the Carnival Legend out of NYC.

Karen

DH and I will be joining you and yours this May 🙂 Have you joined the Roll Call (sometimes the names blur together, sorry if I didn't "recognize" you)?

5 hours ago, CCRUZER said:

In  your first posting on this forum. you listed a carnival address in blue. I clicked it on and on the very bottom of the page is a listing that will take you to future journeys cruises for the next couple of years.I've looked it over and am hoping I can find one that the wife and I will enjoy.

Journeys Sailings is the link to future dates.

5 hours ago, richbum said:

We are booked on our first Journey Cruise Jan 2021. (9 nights) Is there 2 or 3 formal nights? Do I understand correctly that there is an 80's dress up night, and a white night?  

Is this the one our of Miami on the Magic?  If so, we'll be on that cruise, too.

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2020 at 2:05 PM, coevan said:

I don't remember the Journeys cruise to be any more per day. It's only more days, so more money.

Well I booked a 10 journeys cruise from charleston.an inside cabin is $100 a day per person.tack on an extra $300 for lido deck.but carnival gave me $100 obc then I transfered to a t.a. for another $175 so that covers gratuities.itiniaries out of Charleston are much higher for the same itiniary out of Jacksonville or Canaveral.but I don't have to worry about it for almost 2 years.we are on msc this summer again.the flight and hotels in Puerto Rico are much higher than when we did it last otherwise I'd have picked celebrity and flew to Puerto Rico we really enjoyed that cruise.food and atmosphere more to my liking.but I'll report back.i don't sugar coat so I'll probably offend the cheerleaders.dont worry I'll let it be known in the title if it's going to offend.so no one will have to go see Dr.phil.

• Like 1

we did a 10 day Journey cruise on the dream out of Puerto Rico - it was a second leg with many of the passengers getting on in New Orleans for the first leg.  I will tell you I booked it for the longer cruise length and the amount of sea days.  We loved the length of it.  We also did a 15 day Hawaii - pre "Journey" title and it was amazing - this was on the legend.  I loved it - DH said he was ready to get off ship by the end but not me...This May we will be trying another cruiseline for a 14 day British Isles - we would have preferred staying with Carnival they didn't have the itinerary that we wanted.  If you get the opportunity to try a Journey's - I highly recommend it!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mumofsons said:

we did a 10 day Journey cruise on the dream out of Puerto Rico - it was a second leg with many of the passengers getting on in New Orleans for the first leg.  I will tell you I booked it for the longer cruise length and the amount of sea days.  We loved the length of it.  We also did a 15 day Hawaii - pre "Journey" title and it was amazing - this was on the legend.  I loved it - DH said he was ready to get off ship by the end but not me...This May we will be trying another cruiseline for a 14 day British Isles - we would have preferred staying with Carnival they didn't have the itinerary that we wanted.  If you get the opportunity to try a Journey's - I highly recommend it!

A multi port embarkation on the Dream?

5 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

A multi port embarkation on the Dream?

Yes this was in March 2016 - I think it might have been the first year that they had Journeys cruises but I could be wrong. We got on the ship in Puerto Rico and debarked in New Orleans.  It was a southern itinerary.  We really enjoyed this cruise since I had just finished 15 months of schooling. 

Just now, mumofsons said:

Yes this was in March 2016 - I think it might have been the first year that they had Journeys cruises but I could be wrong. We got on the ship in Puerto Rico and debarked in New Orleans.  It was a southern itinerary.  We really enjoyed this cruise since I had just finished 15 months of schooling. 

Interesting, thanks.  Our very first cruise was the Celebration which had a multi embarkation point of Tampa and New Orleans.  I know they do them on the southern with San Juan and Barbados, but I wonder if they would do these again on Journey’s that are even longer.   

I got back from my first Journeys cruise on February 14 (Carnival Miracle - Panama Canal - 13 days), and Carnival really knocked it out of the ball park.  I had so much fun.  Lots of activities on sea days, interesting ports, and great service and friendly staff across the board.  I especially enjoyed the Academy of Fun and the various trivia games, especially the music ones.  They were standing room only.  

Can't wait to take another one.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 12:15 AM, scpirate said:

I'm considering cancelling my current carnival booking and maybe doing a journeys cruise instead.i have a basic Freeport/ Nassau cruise out of Charleston in 2021.

I'm more concerned about the (onboard experience).since there will be more sea days.basically I'm looking to make my last carnival Cruise a good one.otherwise I'll make due with a shorter ride to port and 5 days onboard.since it's already paid for.thanks for reading.

You can't even begin to compare the experience of a 5-night sailing to Freeport or Nassau to a 9, 12 or 14-night Journeys voyage. It's like night & day. Longer sailing, less children, less rowdy, far more festive, and a much (different clientele) that you would find on a 5-night cruise. 

Carnival Journeys (Onboard Experience) located @:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3936/~/carnival-journeys-cruises

🍹

Edited by ObstructedView2

4 hours ago, mumofsons said:

We did the same trip, 21 days. A 19 & 11 B2B on the Dream. New Orleans to P.R., and P.R. back to N.O. it was fabulous

Our transatlantic from Barcelona to NYC is now a Journeys cruise, June 11th.  We were on just one prior Journeys cruise & enjoyed the additional activities & throwback events. We were surprised, however, to find that the horse races were cash only. We showed up with sign & sail card only and weren't able to participate.

On 1/14/2020 at 8:17 PM, Journey With The Gingers said:

We are going on our first Journeys cruise out of Charleston in January 2021.  So excited!!  I guess I am old when I actually remember the horse races.  Love this idea and cannot wait to experience it!

Love, love, love the Horse Races of yore. Laughed so hard. Even laughed my keister off. Haven't seen it since. One of the horses was named "Hoof Hearted" (say that fast 3 times).

Our upcoming Journeys cruise is on the Miracle in April 2021. 15 nighter to Hawaii out of San Diego. Can't wait for the horse races. I may even bid on a horse if I can name it "Hoof Hearted".

• Like 2