Distilled Water

Bgwest

Will be on the Emerald out of San Pedro next month and wondering about the availability of distilled water. This is not for use with a CPAP machine but for another medical condition which requires my wife to use about 16 oz per day. 

I hate the thought of buying and hauling aboard that much water for a 28 day cruise. 

Is distilled water available onboard? If so, how much should I expect to spend for it? 

13 minutes ago, Daisyloo said:

You can request distilled water in the personalizer.  I don't think there is a cost.  I don't know if there is a limit to how much you can request.  

There is no charge. Just go into the cruise personalizer and fill out the medical form. Princess will respond within a day or so and confirm that they will supply the distilled water to your stateroom. I have a CPAP machine and have never had a problem.

5 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes request it through your booking.

Stewart will bring it once onboard if its not there already when you arrive.

I finally found the section in the personalizer about distilled water. I checked the box and made the request. No medical form to fill out but, the check box was very clear that it was ONLY (in caps) for cpap machines. Worried I might have an issue. 

New to the language. soory but who is stewart.

2 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

I finally found the section in the personalizer about distilled water. I checked the box and made the request. No medical form to fill out but, the check box was very clear that it was ONLY (in caps) for cpap machines. Worried I might have an issue. 

New to the language. soory but who is stewart.

Even though it says CPAP they will still provide.

They dont check if you bring your CPAP or not.

Stewart alias for Room Steward.  😉 Its a Cruise Critic thing.

2 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

ahhhh, got it. Thanks very much.

Stewart. Ha. that's neat. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Northumberland said:

There is no charge. Just go into the cruise personalizer and fill out the medical form. Princess will respond within a day or so and confirm that they will supply the distilled water to your stateroom. I have a CPAP machine and have never had a problem.

Sorry, I was going from a bad memory. It's not called a medical form.

This is the form to look for in your personalizer.

Dietary Restrictions

The following are available with a written request: 

*Contact’s Email Address
*Dietary Restriction for  Alvin Graham Sharon Graham Joyce Horvath 
*Check which restriction(s) you would like to make
Kosher meali
Baby foodi
Food allergyi
Distilled water (for CPAP machine use ONLY)i
Vegetariani
Low salt/Low sodiumi
Diabetic/Sugar-free mealsi

Send Dietary Restriction

Edited by Northumberland
spell check

Thanks all. Submitted the request on Sunday and received the approval today. Nice!!

There was no mention of quantity to be provided. It just said to ask Stewart (I got the lingo now!) once on board. Throughout the length of the cruise I've calculated we will need about 3.5 gallons. 

It is all brought at the same time or as needed?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Thanks all. Submitted the request on Sunday and received the approval today. Nice!!

There was no mention of quantity to be provided. It just said to ask Stewart (I got the lingo now!) once on board. Throughout the length of the cruise I've calculated we will need about 3.5 gallons. 

Usually a gallon at a time.

18 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

I'm pretty sure it won't be an issue.  If they say anything, a trip to guest services to speak with the hotel director will most likely do the trick.  I know some cruiselines make you pay for it and it is about $4 a gallon.  Hauling it with you should never have to be a consideration.  

We did get an email before it was approved to confirm it was for a CPAP, but as you said it was already approved.  If they question once you are using it, just state it is for a medical reason.

The nice thing about pre-requesting it, as that the steward already knows you need it and you don’t have to ask.

On 1/12/2020 at 6:33 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

No it is your thing.

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2020 at 11:57 AM, Bgwest said:

Will be on the Emerald out of San Pedro next month and wondering about the availability of distilled water. This is not for use with a CPAP machine but for another medical condition which requires my wife to use about 16 oz per day. 

I hate the thought of buying and hauling aboard that much water for a 28 day cruise. 

Is distilled water available onboard? If so, how much should I expect to spend for it? 

Just ask them, I ordered it for a CPAP and they sent me this to confirm, just tell them your medical need and I am sure they would supply it

image.png.eec0226cb9c85b1fe7a6ac7bcae16b08.png

image.thumb.png.8dc98d002c39259ea2b1f80d4c8e4ac7.png

The emailed response I received said simply:

Good afternoon,

Please be advised your request for distilled water is confirmed, please review the distilled water information in the Cruise Personalizer. Once onboard, please contact the stateroom steward to request delivery of the distilled water.

Kind regards,
Dietary Coordinator

No hoops for me to jump through. 

Thank you again, all.