Best Transportation Options-MCO

allpoints

1 hour ago, allpoints said:

Looking for the best transportation options for 4 people (+luggage)  MCO-Port Canaveral.

Was thinking of just using UBER.

"Best" is a stretch limo with a stocked bar! 😎

With 4 plus bags you will need UberXL - expect the fare to be about $100

Besides Cortrans, suggested above, check with Cocoa Beach Shuttle. Those two are the most often suggested shuttles.  Since we always fly in at least one night in advance we typically use a one-way car rental to get to the port.  All of the car rental agencies in Cocoa Beach will shuttle you to the port after you return the car.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I basically have the same question. Big difference is as of right now, we have 4 adults and 1 infant. We will fly into MCO on Friday, 10/1/2021, staying at Radisson Resort at the Port, sailing on Mardi Gras on 10/2. Seriously thinking of Carnival transport back to MCO on 10/9. As I am unsure what time we will arrive at airport, what are my best options?

What time is your flight home?  If it is after about 1:00 you should have time for a one-way car rental.  A standard minivan should hold all 5 of you plus bags (unless someone in your group packs like my wife 🙄).

Carnival transport is an expensive option, or try UberXL for less than Canrival, but likely more than the car rental.

Your call!  Good luck!

13 hours ago, mss22859 said:

I basically have the same question. Big difference is as of right now, we have 4 adults and 1 infant. We will fly into MCO on Friday, 10/1/2021, staying at Radisson Resort at the Port, sailing on Mardi Gras on 10/2. Seriously thinking of Carnival transport back to MCO on 10/9. As I am unsure what time we will arrive at airport, what are my best options?

A family group with an infant that will need a car seat provided...try...Cruise Control.

It's the company we (6 adults and 4 kids under age of 7) were going to use before our May 2020 cruise was cancelled.

Will book with them again for our April 2022.

Thanks for the replies. Luckily, I have almost a year to figure this out! I will check all the options available. Just keeping my fingers crossed that we will return to some kind of normal. As long as the cruise is a go, we will be there, no matter what restrictions if any are in place.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JohninDC said:

What time is your flight home?  If it is after about 1:00 you should have time for a one-way car rental.  A standard minivan should hold all 5 of you plus bags (unless someone in your group packs like my wife 🙄).

Carnival transport is an expensive option, or try UberXL for less than Canrival, but likely more than the car rental.

Your call!  Good luck!

Not sure what time return flight is, as it is too far out to book the air. I have already looked at transportation from the airport to the hotel, minivan is looking good. Thank you for the reply.

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

A family group with an infant that will need a car seat provided...try...Cruise Control.

It's the company we (6 adults and 4 kids under age of 7) were going to use before our May 2020 cruise was cancelled.

Will book with them again for our April 2022.

Where do I find Cruise Control? No luck so far in my searches.

3 hours ago, mss22859 said:

Where do I find Cruise Control? No luck so far in my searches.

https://www.cruisecontrol-transportation.com/

Check out their website...hope this helps to give you an option of what's available.

We were for 2020 cancelled cruise (now will also for 2022) going to book them just for the 10 of us.

We would have used a hotel shuttle from MCO to our Orlando hotel and then would have 

Cruise Control pick us up morning of cruise and take us to Port Canaveral. After cruise they would also pick us up and take us to MCO for our flight home.

Best of luck !

Edited by Ashland

19 hours ago, Ashland said:

https://www.cruisecontrol-transportation.com/

Check out their website...hope this helps to give you an option of what's available.

We were for 2020 cancelled cruise (now will also for 2022) going to book them just for the 10 of us.

We would have used a hotel shuttle from MCO to our Orlando hotel and then would have 

Cruise Control pick us up morning of cruise and take us to Port Canaveral. After cruise they would also pick us up and take us to MCO for our flight home.

Best of luck !

Thank you! I found the site very informative. I will definitely go to them once our flights are booked. Was originally thinking of a rental from the airport to the hotel, so we could have a way to get around for last minute needs (liquor store, etc.), but now thinking different.

4 hours ago, mss22859 said:

Thank you! I found the site very informative. I will definitely go to them once our flights are booked. Was originally thinking of a rental from the airport to the hotel, so we could have a way to get around for last minute needs (liquor store, etc.), but now thinking different.

You're very welcome...Glad I could help in some small way with a suggestion.

Enjoy whatever ends up working best for your group.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...