booking through third party question

Emmabelle

I'm looking at a 3 nighter on the Mariner for July 3rd, 2020 and the price of an OV stateroom is much cheaper on a third party site over the price RCI has it.  Obviously I think it's too good to be true.  Any thoughts or experiences with this?

Edited by Emmabelle

could be true. i used TA on NCL for haven and saved over 1000 bucks. i do think it was supposed to be OBC but he took it right off the top. same TA quoted me a few hundred off CLS on oasis plus some OBC so my guess is royal is more strict about these things. or thats just how he wanted to present it. 

I kept receiving emails from CC that showed a ridiculously low price on the 4-night Oasis sailing on 11/4/20.  I would click on the price, but see the regular price which was more than twice what was shown in the email.  I finally went deeper into a booking just to see what happened, and that is what it turned out to be - group rates,  $258 (plus port fees/taxes) for an interior vs. $613 with Royal.  I kept looking for the catch, reading the fine print, and finally booked it.  Anxious to see how it goes.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria
Edited to add, it also is supposed to have $100 OBC.
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I kept receiving emails from CC that showed a ridiculously low price on the 4-night Oasis sailing on 11/4/20.  I would click on the price, but see the regular price which was more than twice what was shown in the email.  I finally went deeper into a booking just to see what happened, and that is what it turned out to be - group rates,  $258 (plus port fees/taxes) for an interior vs. $613 with Royal.  I kept looking for the catch, reading the fine print, and finally booked it.  Anxious to see how it goes.

the rate I saw was like $200 cheaper per person for an OV.  I'm afraid to pull the trigger though. haha

35 minutes ago, Emmabelle said:

the rate I saw was like $200 cheaper per person for an OV.  I'm afraid to pull the trigger though. haha

I tried it because it was so inexpensive and a short/minor cruise, and I even took a guarantee to minimize any financial damage.  Haven’t even decided if this will be a normal “couples” cruise or I will take my sister.  I probably wouldn’t have taken a chance with a longer or special-occasion cruise.  But, for $672 total (port fees/taxes were also lower than Royal’s), it is a good way to see if that company might be worth using in the future.  It appeared on my account with Royal immediately and the credit card charge is correct (and listed exactly like the reservation I made two weeks ago), so I am happy so far.  Four days on the Oasis for two people for $672!  Plus the fun of watching for a cabin assignment 😂

• Like 1