Grandeur of the Seas in February? what to wear?

3red7s

We are from Cleveland & generally go to FLL/Tampa/Miami to cruise in February.  In order to try something different, we are sailing GOS, out of Baltimore at the end of February.  For those of you have done this, or live in the are:  how or what do pack for clothing?  at what point in the trip does the weather get semi-nice?????

7 minutes ago, 3red7s said:

We are from Cleveland & generally go to FLL/Tampa/Miami to cruise in February.  In order to try something different, we are sailing GOS, out of Baltimore at the end of February.  For those of you have done this, or live in the are:  how or what do pack for clothing?  at what point in the trip does the weather get semi-nice?????

Considering you're leaving Feb 28th and the ports are Bahamas, Coco Cay, Port Canaveral, and Charleston, I'd bring summer clothes for the Caribbean days and at sea. I'd also pack a pair of jeans, maybe a light sweater. 

You aren't going to the Caribbean at all...so bring something for cooler weather.   It CAN be chilly down south in Feb....pack 1/2 and 1/2....shorts and slightly warmer stuff.  Bahamas and Coco Cay should be pleasant.....but you never can tell!

First and last day I would expect to wear the same clothing you would wear in Cleveland for the time frame.  In SC and FL long pants and a sweater or light jacket.  For the sea days going down and coming back you may want long pants and a sweater or light jacket if you venture out on deck, inside the temperatures have been comfortable.

It looks like you're doing the 8-day Bahamas. Expect cold weather the first sea day with warming by mid-afternoon on your second full sea day. The same thing on the return, cold for your last sea day. Good to pack a sweat shirt or jacket. You probably won't spend much time outside any until you reach warmer climes. Have a great cruise. 

Jonathan

Layer.

Actually, the last few days has been in the 70s in Maryland.  But tomorrow it could be single digits.

I have leaving on Jan 31 cruise, and will wear a long sleeve shirt, a sweater, and a medium jacket.  I will pack a mix of long and short sleeve shirts.

I expect it to be warmer as we go south.  But 2 years ago we did Orlando for the holidays and had one morning of 33F. 🙂

I lived in Maryland for 45 years, and weather is usually cold in February.  But weather is fickle in the mid-Atlantic region, and it can be very changeable.  The key is to pack for a little of both, and think in terms of layers.