first time we will rest

Louise112

We need a LOT more info.

What cruise line?  Where does it go?   What country are you from (passport)?

Cook??  That is why many of us cruise you don't have to cook, they will provide you MORE food than you can possibly eat. 😄

24 minutes ago, SRF said:

Cook??  That is why many of us cruise you don't have to cook, they will provide you MORE food than you can possibly eat. 😄

That raised my eyebrows too :classic_wink:

But I reckon it was a typo for "book"

Yes, we need more info about the cruise.

Have you already decided which cruise, Louise?

JB :classic_smile:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, John Bull said:

That raised my eyebrows too :classic_wink:

But I reckon it was a typo for "book"

Yes, we need more info about the cruise.

Have you already decided which cruise, Louise?

JB :classic_smile:

JB ... Thanks ... I also thought it was a typo.

Maybe, Louise will give us some additional info.

Unfortunately, I believe the OP may not be fluent in English and may be trying to use something like Google translate in her post. Although in another thread she said she had worked on a "liner" in the past, so I'm surprised she wouldn't know more. (Liner = Cruise liner/ship) 

The most important thing: make sure you have got your documents in order. At work I see people every day being turned away because they didn't read the instructions of what proof of citizenship documents to bring or someone such as their travel agent gave them the wrong information. Following examples apply to close-loop cruises on the US West Coast:

• Real ID is not an enhanced driver's license, you will need a US birth certificate together with an ID to board the ship
  • Passport is the easiest way to prove your citizenship
  • No copies of passports or any other documents will get you on the ship
  • If you are a foreign citizen living in the country, bring your valid green card
  • If you are a foreign citizen visiting the country, bring your passport with visa AND a valid stamp
  • If you check in your luggage with the porters, take out your passport with you to avoid possible hours of delay

After you have cleared the boring formalities, let the fun commence! 😎

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AgentMinusOne said:

The most important thing: make sure you have got your documents in order. At work I see people every day being turned away because they didn't read the instructions of what proof of citizenship documents to bring or someone such as their travel agent gave them the wrong information. Following examples apply to close-loop cruises on the US West Coast:

• Real ID is not an enhanced driver's license, you will need a US birth certificate together with an ID to board the ship
  • Passport is the easiest way to prove your citizenship
  • No copies of passports or any other documents will get you on the ship
  • If you are a foreign citizen living in the country, bring your valid green card
  • If you are a foreign citizen visiting the country, bring your passport with visa AND a valid stamp
  • If you check in your luggage with the porters, take out your passport with you to avoid possible hours of delay

After you have cleared the boring formalities, let the fun commence! 😎

You left out the possibility that a US citizen was not born in the US.  

In which case, if they were born to US parents, they would need a copy of their Consular Report of Birth Abroad.  Or, if they started as a non-US citizen, they would need a copy of their Naturalization Certificate.

Of course, a US passport solves all of these.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SRF said:

You left out the possibility that a US citizen was not born in the US.  

In which case, if they were born to US parents, they would need a copy of their Consular Report of Birth Abroad.  Or, if they started as a non-US citizen, they would need a copy of their Naturalization Certificate.

Of course, a US passport solves all of these.

Correct. The Naturalization Certificate, if used, needs to be an original.

One more, one more!

• Never trust a call center employee on what documents you need, but instead get the requirements down in writing = correct documents are mentioned on the cruise line web site

On 1/16/2020 at 8:50 PM, AgentMinusOne said:

Correct. The Naturalization Certificate, if used, needs to be an original.

One more, one more!

• Never trust a call center employee on what documents you need, but instead get the requirements down in writing = correct documents are mentioned on the cruise line web site

I have heard that many people take a copy.  As the original is VERY expensive to replace.

4 hours ago, SRF said:

I have heard that many people take a copy.  As the original is VERY expensive to replace.

At least on Carnival they will not let you board with a copy, it has to be an original so that seal can be verified.

Once we had a lady who had driven 2-3 hours to get to the terminal, and she only brought a copy of her naturalization certificate. She had no chance of getting home and back with the original, so she was denied boarding.