Missed anthem activities sign up

joephilly

I am a first time cruiser who will be sailing on Anthem in March. I have been lurking on here for awhile trying to gather as much insight as I can. I missed the time period to book activities like Ifly on the cruise planner and was wondering if I would still be able to book on board/walk on? 

I’m new to this too - so I’m glad you posted. If your cruise is in March, how have you already missed the opportunity to book? My cruise is in the beginning of April, and those activities haven’t shown up yet on my cruise planner. 

I was considering buying “The Key” for my family, so this might push us over the top on that. (Which I’m sure is what they want, lol)

6 minutes ago, Leeba25 said:

I’m new to this too - so I’m glad you posted. If your cruise is in March, how have you already missed the opportunity to book? My cruise is in the beginning of April, and those activities haven’t shown up yet on my cruise planner. 

I was considering buying “The Key” for my family, so this might push us over the top on that. (Which I’m sure is what they want, lol)

We are also sailing the beginning of April and no activities or entertainment has shown up for booking.  I check every day.

1 hour ago, Leeba25 said:

Things like that are released in blocks of cruises for a 1-2 month period.  I am sailing on March 15 on Anthem and all that was released in December.  Keep checking yours should be released soon.

We’re on Harmony right now (Jan 15) and I was able to book activities last month in early December. My cruise planner said we could book all the way up to 3 days before sailing. I haven’t seen any long lines for anything and there are LOTS of kids onboard.

This happened a couple of times on Anthem when we booked last minute.   If you download Royal app in advance sometimes you  can connect in terminal while waiting to board.  Otherwise as you board ask where activities signup is being held.  For us it was once in Bolero and once in 270.  Both times we had no problem signing up.  Just to make sure try to arrive at port early.  We're usually there by 10:30.

22 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

NorthStar is also easy to do from the standby line.

Escape room also has no-shows all the time.

Where is the escape room on Anthem?  Missed it in November and want to make sure I sign up for my cruise in 3 weeks.

9 hours ago, sellwingri said:

Where is the escape room on Anthem?  

Deck 15 as you walk toward the Seaplex service desk. When sessions are on going there should be sign outside the entrance door, otherwise you never knew it was there.

Sailed twice on the anthem last year.  There were plenty of options for the iFly and Northstar after it was closed out on the cruise planner once we boarded.  The most limited activity was the Puzzle Break room but even that had several options. We did board relatively early though. I actually changed some reservations that I made previously on the cruise planner to more convenient times once aboard.

• 3 weeks later...

We’re on Anthem in early June. What is the timeframe for booking activities? We’ve done freedom class a lot, Oasis once. Is anthem like oasis, where you need to book shows in advance? How far out does that open? We have MyTime Dining - does anyone know when that window opens?