Hair Dryer Wattage

Jules59

For specifics, you should try the Princess board and see if anyone who has sailed recently has noted this information - better chance there than here, probably.

[It doesn't matter why someone wants to know something. Someone asked. It's a messageboard for sharing information, so if someone has a responsive answer, we give it. That's what we do. We try to be helpful like that.]

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

For specifics, you should try the Princess board and see if anyone who has sailed recently has noted this information - better chance there than here, probably.

[It doesn't matter why someone wants to know something. Someone asked. It's a messageboard for sharing information, so if someone has a responsive answer, we give it. That's what we do. We try to be helpful like that.]

And if someone finds out why OP wants to know then that person and perhaps others learn something new. Which I try to do every day.

On 1/17/2020 at 11:16 AM, clo said:

And if someone finds out why OP wants to know then that person and perhaps others learn something new. Which I try to do every day.

I agree with wanting to learn new things, but it just seems obvious why anyone would ask about hair dryer wattage. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Jules59 I don't know the wattage, but if you are particular about your dryer and have space I would bring your own.  Many lines have a style of dryer that is very hot, but not a strong "blow" and you have to hold the button down to keep power.  I'm not very picky about my hair so it works for me, but it was frustrating trying to do my daughter's hair (much thicker) when she cruised with us last summer on Anthem of the Seas.

4 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

@Jules59 I don't know the wattage, but if you are particular about your dryer and have space I would bring your own.  Many lines have a style of dryer that is very hot, but not a strong "blow" and you have to hold the button down to keep power.  I'm not very picky about my hair so it works for me, but it was frustrating trying to do my daughter's hair (much thicker) when she cruised with us last summer on Anthem of the Seas.

Thank you pacruise804 maybe I should. I appreciate you're advice.

• Like 1

I bring a thick rubber band on trips where I know I'll have that type of dryer (only one I can recall but I can't remember what ship it was - possibly Azamara?). The thick band is usually enough to hold the button down.  Thick rubber bands = the kind you see on broccoli, for example ;-)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

I bring a thick rubber band on trips where I know I'll have that type of dryer (only one I can recall but I can't remember what ship it was - possibly Azamara?). The thick band is usually enough to hold the button down.  Thick rubber bands = the kind you see on broccoli, for example 😉

Read about this suggestion some time ago so just keep one in my toilet article bag. I have only used it one time and I too don’t recall which ship. 

Edited by purduemom1
  • Thanks 1