Average age of solo cruisers

BJs mom

9 hours ago, Tyro1 said:

I will be 22 for my first solo cruise in January, I just started solo traveling this summer since no one else my age has the money/desire to do the trips that I want to do.  

honestly solo travel is great, the freedom is great. 

39 minutes ago, Tyro1 said:

Yeah! I love it so far, I’ve started by going to theme parks and my next step is cruising. 

like i said before my first major solo trip was 30 days in Europe when i was 20 (2000). i went where i wanted to go, on a whim. no need for a rigorous itinerary that you both had to agree on and i could divert on an impulse. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tyro1 said:

since no one else my age has the money/desire to do the trips that I want to do.  

That's the reason I started to travel solo too -- not as young as you (I think I was 29).  I started with road trip vacations, since I didn't want to cruise then. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

60 and taking my first solo cruise in December. It doesn't feel like a big deal as I have traveled on my own since I was 17 when I went to London for 3 days before then going to meet my family (who were already over there) in the Cotswolds. I love traveling with friends and family, but if there was some place I wanted to go and there wasn't someone to go with, it has never stopped me. And I was also a road warrior for 16 years, traveling most weeks for work and often alone. I have never had trouble striking up a conversation with people, but am also looking forward to being the master of my time. I also can't help smiling about the fact that if I wake up in the middle of the night and want to go sit out on the balcony and look at the stars, I can do so without disturbing anyone else 😁

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

33 years old on my first solo cruise. 

The earth that we all reside on 75% of it is covered in salt water. 

No children no wife. 

I wanted to see the world and everything in it. 

For me travelling the world by sea on a floating 5-star resort, is a tough ticket to beat. Until they come up with something better I ain't changing anything. 

I'm now 61, boy time certainly does fly when you're having fun, don't it though!!

Somebody had to do it might as well been us.😎

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I enjoy cruising solo and I find that cruising is generally pretty safe for a solo traveller. I don't have to worry about getting to the hotel room safely from the street at night and I can relax knowing that I have assistance whenever I need it. I did my first solo cruise for my 30th birthday and loved it!

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll be 65 when I board my first solo trip this April. It’s 15 nights aboard HAL Volendam, going San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale thru the Panama Canal. I’m really looking forward to the autonomy of being on my own! Can’t wait! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kelliebiz said:

I’ll be 65 when I board my first solo trip this April. It’s 15 nights aboard HAL Volendam, going San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale thru the Panama Canal. I’m really looking forward to the autonomy of being on my own! Can’t wait! 

Hi, we are the same age but I have been cruising solo since I was about 45 so for 20 years. It is the only way I cruise and I hope you have a wonderful time😃

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...