Average age of solo cruisers

BJs mom

My girlfriends too.

and I was travelling by myself from 50 but only overland tours the very long ones which my husband didn’t want to join . to uncomfortable for him

I am really glad I made them because it gives you  quite a  vieuw  of the variety of the countries you ate visiting.

Well, I started solo travels when I was in my 30's, I am now at least double that age and still enjoy solo travels.  When I first traveling solo it was mostly land trips, but now, most of my solo  travels are on a cruise ship.  I like the unpacking and packing up again only once a trip, instead of doing it every night.  I guess I got lazier as I got older, or smarter maybe.  Maybe both.

• Like 3

40 this year.  The only cruise I've done as a pure solo (last year) I was the 3rd-youngest in the solo meet-up, with most of the others being 10+ years older than me.  The other cruise I did last year (with my sister and her SO in their own cabin) there were a couple younger folks but it was pretty much the same.  Maybe it was the itinerary or the timing of the trip that impacted that.

I would surmise that itinerary would impact the age of guests, including solo cruisers, on a given cruise. From what we noticed, on our european cruises, the solo cruisers tended to be older than those on Caribbean cruises. Didn't notice any solo cruisers on our Alaska cruise (although I am sure there were some).

I will be 39 when I take my first (solo) cruise. Truth be told I'm a little nervous as I've never been on a cruise before and doing my first one on the QM2 on a transatlantic voyage can be a little daunting.

Hopefully everything goes well!

I'll be 41 when I sail on my first solo cruise in March. I get more vacation time than my SO and I decided to spend some of it doing the first leg of a B2B solo. The second leg will have my SO, my parents, my brother, and his SO aboard. If this goes well (I very much expect it to!) I am hoping to use more of my extra vacation time for solo cruises in the future!

There is not 1 specific age for people who cruise solo:classic_biggrin:

I started cruising solo on a regular basis in 2003----I was 44 at the time.  I have

been cruising for the past 17 years solo...now being 61.  So as you can see,

the age changes year by year LOL...….(better than the alternative)

1 hour ago, alliecat1970 said:

I am turning 50 on first solo cruise in 78 days nervous, I am excited also so many mixed feelings regarding this.

Janet

Hi Janet, hope you have a wonderful time:classic_biggrin:....the feelings are normal (in my opinion) but I bet once you get

on board and take it all in, things will slow down and it will be awesome.  Hope you have a Happy Birthday too!

I just returned home from another cruise and will be going on a longer trip in April...…..I am so ready to go

again!

On 1/20/2020 at 1:57 PM, ICEX21 said:

I will be 39 when I take my first (solo) cruise. Truth be told I'm a little nervous as I've never been on a cruise before and doing my first one on the QM2 on a transatlantic voyage can be a little daunting.

Hopefully everything goes well!

The QM2 adventure sounds wonderful!  I suspect you will have a superb time!  Quincy - my first 7-night solo is coming up soon and I'm all excited.  quincy

I'm 58 now, but I did my first solo cruise over 20 years ago.

Like the ages of any passenger, it will vary with the individual voyage - the line, the location, the duration.  I'm currently on a leg of the 4-month long world cruise on Crystal Serenity, and the average age of solo cruisers is probably in the late 60s, but a week long Caribbean cruise on RCI will have a younger solo cruiser age.