Corkage Fee

cindyflora

1 minute ago, cindyflora said:

I'm a little confused. Will I get a corkage fee for each bottle just to BRING it on the ship, or only if I bring it to the dining room?

I believe it is only if it is brought to dinner.

Thanks,

Leaving early tomorrow morning!

What cruise line?

I take it you are on norwegian based on your posting history. They do it differently. Many cruise companies allow you to bring 2 bottles of wine on and if you drink them in a public venue they charge corkage and if you don’t they don’t. Norwegian allows you to bring on as much wine as you like but charges corkage on all of them when you walk onto the ship. You are then free to drink them anywhere on the ship.

• Like 1

@cindyflora

Howdy! emo22.gif

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum that is for general questions about cruising. 👍  

Since your thread concerns a specific cruise line and their corkage fee, I have moved your thread to the Norwegian Cruise Line forum where it will be on-topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed or will be sailing NCL frequent that forum. I feel sure anyone that has paid the fee would provide you feedback there.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

2 hours ago, cindyflora said:

I'm a little confused. Will I get a corkage fee for each bottle just to BRING it on the ship, or only if I bring it to the dining room?

I believe it is only if it is brought to dinner.

Thanks,

Leaving early tomorrow morning!

You pay the $15 corkage fee for every bottle brought onto the ship.  Doesn't matter where it is consumed. You have to hand carry your wine onboard, nothing in your checked luggage. Any wine in your checked luggage will cause your bag to be confiscated and taken to the naughty room where you will wait in a [long] line on your first night. 

NCL: Guests may bring sealed bottles of wine on board for personal consumption. They will be checked prior to embarkation and a corkage fee applied at that time of $15.00 USD for a 750 ml Bottle or $30.00 USD for a 1,500 ml Magnum bottle. Box wines are not allowed on board.

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, scubamommy! said:

So who actually records it and marks it on your account? When you go through screening with your carry on they aren't going to ask which cabin you are in are they? Is it the room stewart?  I would dare to venture some get missed? 

As you pass through the security screening there is a table that you "register" with. They record your stateroom information and apply a sticker to each bottle.  The fee is then charged to your account.

• Thanks 1