Embarkation Questions

jujuyu211

I was wondering if DH and I can check-in and board the ship at different times? I read some conflicting information about everyone in the room having to check in together. Also, does anyone know if the dining room will be open on embarkation day? Is there another option other than the buffet? Lastly, our father cannot stand or walk for long periods of time. Do we have to request a wheel chair ahead of time for embarkation or should we just let the port staff know when we arrive?

We are on the Miracle if that makes a difference.

You can check in at different times. Not sure why you would, but it’s your prerogative to do so if you choose. The MDR is not open for lunch on embarkation day. There are other food venues other than the buffet, like Guy’s Burgers, the pizza place, etc. You can find out what venues are on your ship by going to Carnival’s website and exploring the details of this particular ship. Not sure on the wheelchair question, but I would suggest calling Carnival’s special needs department ahead of time. Their number can also be found on Carnival’s website. 

1 hour ago, jujuyu211 said:

I was wondering if DH and I can check-in and board the ship at different times? I read some conflicting information about everyone in the room having to check in together. Also, does anyone know if the dining room will be open on embarkation day? Is there another option other than the buffet? Lastly, our father cannot stand or walk for long periods of time. Do we have to request a wheel chair ahead of time for embarkation or should we just let the port staff know when we arrive?

1 hour ago, jujuyu211 said:

If you board separately, make sure both have boarding passes when checking in. Arrange your special needs with Carnival before embarkation day.

I always need a wheelchair on embarkation and debarkation days and I never contact Carnival or any other cruise line ahead of time. After security (doesn't matter which port or cruise line), you tell a ground crew member you need a wheelchair and he/she will get you where you need to get one.

You and DH can check in a different times, just make sure you each have your own passport and boarding pass (some terminals don't ask for passes anymore which has been our experience lately).

• Like 2

The Miracle has Guys Burgers and he Blue Iguana.. Either of those are options but not a "sit down" option like the MDR would be. Unfortunately I don't the Cucina del Capitano as an option. For ships with this option it is a great choice for Embarkation Day lunch.

1 hour ago, efuzz said:

The Miracle has Guys Burgers and he Blue Iguana.. Either of those are options but not a "sit down" option like the MDR would be. Unfortunately I don't the Cucina del Capitano as an option. For ships with this option it is a great choice for Embarkation Day lunch.

It is getting Guys and Blue Iguana next month

2 hours ago, efuzz said:

I might have missed something, but when did Miracle get Guys and Blue Iguana?  Miracle didn’t have those when we cruised on her last year.  

15 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

She is getting them in dry dock next month

Ok. That makes sense. I checked on the Carnival site and Guys and Blue Iguana were listed as available options, but if they are coming next month I assume the OP would have those choices.

22 hours ago, jujuyu211 said:

My wife needs assistance getting on and off the ship.  At New Orleans, we just let the port staff know when entering the building and they are more than helpful.  Someone will come for him on embarkation day.  For debarkation, you will be told to report to a specific area where assistance is provided. 

Cannot say enough good things about the service we have been provided.

• Like 1