Laundry onboard

lumpkin8

If you are in the Caribbean for 7 days, there are a couple of options.

Laundry by the bag -- for $20 stuff as much as you can in a bag -- people are able to get lots of items in a bag.

Laundry by the day -- you pay for the week ($49) which averages out to be about $7 a day.

Both options everything comes back washed and ironed either on hangers or folded -- the choice is yours.

I’m sailing in the Med on the NA this summer. Online it doesn’t mention anything about pressing being included with the unlimited laundry package. Is it customary even though it’s not listed, or could it be different for European/longer sailings? I do see the separate pressing option offered but obviously don’t want to double dip if pressing will be covered under the laundry package. 

• 2 years later...

My cruise is now upcoming in March 2022!  Just wanted to see if the laundry specials are currently still available during this COVID time with the crazy new sailing rules and problems.  Same charter cruise, just different year.  I would imagine the prices might be higher, but if anyone has sailed recently on HAL it would be great to know if the laundry specials are still being offered, as it will determine how much I pack.  

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, lumpkin8 said:

My cruise is now upcoming in March 2022!  Just wanted to see if the laundry specials are currently still available during this COVID time with the crazy new sailing rules and problems.  Same charter cruise, just different year.  I would imagine the prices might be higher, but if anyone has sailed recently on HAL it would be great to know if the laundry specials are still being offered, as it will determine how much I pack.  

Thanks in advance.

I can't speak to whether the service has changed over the last month due to the Omicron surge but the prices and service in December were identical to those described above.  $20 per bag or $7 per day for the cruise duration.  We did the $49 package for 7 days and really liked the service.

• Like 1

50-some cruises on various lines and I have yet to send laundry out.  If a self-serve laundry is not available on the ship, I travel with mostly quick dry clothing that I wash out in the cabin and it dries overnight.  For pressing, I carry a small spritzer bottle and spritz any wrinkles and hang them in the bathroom while I shower.  

I should also add that I build in land tours on one end of the cruise or the other, sometimes as long as 4-5 weeks, so the quick dry travel clothing comes in handy on land as well.  Also, I pack things that will do double duty, for instance black jeans/slacks and a range of colored T shirts.  The only thing extra that I pack that may be "cruise only" is a black sport coat that weighs 20 ounces.  For dress up nights on the ship it's black jeans, black sport coat, and colored T with a matching pocket square.

Easy beezy and all I have to do is look better than they guys they let in with a ballcap on backwards that stays on throughout the meal.

Edited by SargassoPirate
  • Like 1

4-star Mariner , so free laundry 😄. Very happy with the service and so far had no problems with the returned laundry. On one of my last pre-pandemic cruises my sons came along and were reluctant to send their sports/ soccer jerseys ,which they wore while in the gym , to the laundry. But they came back undamaged and clean, they specifically noted on the form " wash at max 35 Celsius " and apparently that was done.

I have also read not so good experiences with the onboard laundry but so far, no complaints.

Used it on our Rotterdam TA in October (2021).

$9 a day (higher charge in Europe) and the best bargain at sea, IMO.  Allows us to travel with just an overhead roller bag each.  Sent stuff out daily. 

Game changer for us as far as long cruises go.....We are 3* and excited that it will be free soon!