Who paid for my gratuities?

fluffybunny22

I posted another thread about how we just discovered today that my in laws cabin got upgraded when it wasn't supposed to be. This caused my husband to do some deep diving in the cruise personalizer and he asked me why I had prepaid our son's gratuities. I haven't but for some reason his is showing as being paid. I know I didn't do it because I have a pretty good OBC I was planning on using for tips. Is there any way to figure out how these got paid?

2 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

I posted another thread about how we just discovered today that my in laws cabin got upgraded when it wasn't supposed to be. This caused my husband to do some deep diving in the cruise personalizer and he asked me why I had prepaid our son's gratuities. I haven't but for some reason his is showing as being paid. I know I didn't do it because I have a pretty good OBC I was planning on using for tips. Is there any way to figure out how these got paid?

Not unless you call your TA or Princess.

The bookings sure sound like a mess.  🤔

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Not unless you call your TA or Princess.

The bookings sure sound like a mess.  🤔

Agree you will get some answers when you ask your TA to look into all your families bookings. Call and get it straightened out while there are still cabins available. Paid grats are part of some promotions. 

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ToniOrc said:

Don’t know if this applies to you but at the moment the deal is £35 for premium drinks package, Wi-fi and gratuities all paid.   Might be that. 

We are booked under the original sip and sail and the prices went up for the current promo so I didn't add wifi and tips.

28 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

We are booked under the original sip and sail and the prices went up for the current promo so I didn't add wifi and tips.

I believe the BSE allows you to add things to original bookings without changing the original fair, just paying for the new items you want.

We just added the beverage package+wifi+gratuities for $40 per day

5 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

I believe the BSE allows you to add things to original bookings without changing the original fair, just paying for the new items you want.

We just added the beverage package+wifi+gratuities for $40 per day

Unfortunately it doesn't offer a cheapo add-on for just WiFi. We already have TA OBC, gratuities, and PBP (booked with the online/brick and mortar TA that offers their package each year shortly before Princess offers the Sip and Sail). We have a  B2B2B - 33 days - booked on Sapphire for November/December but will just be using our free minutes (650 each). I'd love to have the always-on MedallionNet access but I'm probably going to be too cheap to pay for it. The add-ons with the current sale are great prices but there isn't one for just Internet access. (Sapphire is due to get MedallionNet on July 27 and access should be great around Southern Australia and New Zealand. Yellow Fish reported fantastic speed and connectivity on Ruby earlier this season.)