Sailing listed as closed

cgags47

I literally just tried to add my husband to my room bc he finally got the ok on work release and they told me they literally are at capacity 

even thought my room can hold another person- the whole cruise is at capacity and sold out 

I’m gonna keep calling hoping that they have a cancellation to add my husband 

really bummed 😞

On 1/21/2020 at 6:18 AM, rimmit said:

3/22 is spring break for much of the north east.   Not surprising it is sold out as that is a peak week for RCI.

Agree. I've seen and been on multiple Cruises this close that have been sold out, most not even during Spring Break. Even week before posters Cruise only have few Balcony cabins left

Edited by ONECRUISER

28 minutes ago, beccaewert said:

I literally just tried to add my husband to my room bc he finally got the ok on work release and they told me they literally are at capacity 

even thought my room can hold another person- the whole cruise is at capacity and sold out 

I’m gonna keep calling hoping that they have a cancellation to add my husband 

really bummed 😞

Keep watching and calling. People are always cancelling. You still have 2 months. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rimmit said:

Can you get on the wait list?   Or can they not do that because you are just trying to add him to your cabin rather than reserve a new room?

There is no wait list as the sailing is closed.  

When a sailing or category is sold out the categories can either show up as waitlisted (you can still add your name to be waitlisted for a cabin) or it shows up as closed which means nothing at all can be done. 

34 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There is no wait list as the sailing is closed.  

When a sailing or category is sold out the categories can either show up as waitlisted (you can still add your name to be waitlisted for a cabin) or it shows up as closed which means nothing at all can be done. 

I guess being spring break week even the wait list is full.  😞. Keep trying a Repo we are on had a very long wait list 16 months from its embarkation date and about 9 months out the wait list had cleared and it was even briefly back on the website.  It reclosed in not even a day.  So keep your hopes up.  People get sick and cancel all the time after final payment.

1 hour ago, rimmit said:

Can you get on the wait list?   Or can they not do that because you are just trying to add him to your cabin rather than reserve a new room?

There are no wait lists unfortunately 

The whole cruise shows up as closed....so even if 1 room is available I don't think they will lift it from being closed (from what the one rep I spoke with said)

I will keep trying..... I wish I knew that I could of reserved for him and cancelled last minute, but I didn't realize I could do that.... Really bummed since he can finally go now..... 

I'll keep trying 

13 minutes ago, beccaewert said:

I wish I knew that I could of reserved for him and cancelled last minute, but I didn't realize I could do that.... Really bummed since he can finally go now....

Edit

if he was listed as a third or 4th guess he could have been cancelled up until final penalty phase (30 days prior to sailing) and received a refund. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Edit

if he was listed as a third or 4th guess he could have been cancelled up until final penalty phase (30 days prior to sailing) and received a refund. 

Yeah,.... I realize that NOW..... didn't know before.....