NCL Latest offer

Trimone

15 minutes ago, adam_s_allen said:

I don’t believe it. All my cruises I’ve been looking at are the same price as they were during their “biggest sale of the decade”.

Yeah, I think all of the cruises I have been tracking changed by maybe $3-6 dollars, depending on how the 30% off was rounding out the numbers, but they are pretty much the exact same price. I have said on other threads many times that these "sales" are bogus. Prices go up and down on individual categories on individual sailings based on supply and demand. When these "sales" are going on, they just adjust the "brochure price" so that the "sale price" reflects that supply and demand. The only way to get a good "deal" is to watch individual category and sailing prices for the things you are interested in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I must say that I just booked the Pride of America (for 2022) on this sale and it was a great deal.  It qualified for the past guest offer and passengers 3/4 free.  I was able to book a Penthouse for $4000 less that a friend that is on a sailing this summer in an obstructed view suite with no balcony.  Now I just have to wait.

I always find it funny on here when people get bent out of shape from the NCL sales.  All the cruise lines have "sales" right now with timers.  The "sales" always seem to change but the pricing doesn't change much or goes up.  

Edited by Liljo22

15 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I would bet my entire next cruise fare that this had nothing to do with the current "sale" and everything to do with supply & demand.

It's an Alaska cruise on Bliss 5/17. I'd guess about 75-80% sold. In most cases I'd say you were right. In this one maybe not.

Edited by Petoonya

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Yeah, I think all of the cruises I have been tracking changed by maybe $3-6 dollars, depending on how the 30% off was rounding out the numbers, but they are pretty much the exact same price. I have said on other threads many times that these "sales" are bogus. Prices go up and down on individual categories on individual sailings based on supply and demand. When these "sales" are going on, they just adjust the "brochure price" so that the "sale price" reflects that supply and demand. The only way to get a good "deal" is to watch individual category and sailing prices for the things you are interested in.

Yeah I know. I was just being sarcastic.

38 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

It's an Alaska cruise on Bliss 5/17. I'd guess about 75-80% sold. In most cases I'd say you were right. In this one maybe not.

That is the start of the Alaska cruise season -

Spring Break is over - kids are still in school - college wrapping up for graduation

Recalibrate and try that at PEAK July-August a different supply and demand.

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

The sales are just marketing but sometimes it does make a difference.  I was watching different cruise lines for a spring break cruise.  When they added 3rd & 4th guests free, the Getaway cruise dropped about $700 and I booked it.  Since then its bounced up and down.  Even with all the pricing changes, its still $1500-$2000 cheaper than taking the Vista or Liberty of the Seas out of my home port, Galveston.  

47 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

That is the start of the Alaska cruise season -

Spring Break is over - kids are still in school - college wrapping up for graduation

Recalibrate and try that at PEAK July-August a different supply and demand.

Obviously it would never have happened in the highest demand season. However there is high demand for this cruise even pre-season seeing as how it is 80% of capacity 4 months previous. It was a darn fair turn from NCL for an excellent selling cruise.

While I generally agree that supply and demand is the driving force behind pricing, you never really know what a cruise line will do. On Oceania I've been upgraded 7 categories to an aft balcony from an inside on a nearly sold out cruise. Only cruised with O six times previously.

Likelihood of cruise benefits in your favor with high demand....low.

But my point is- you just never know.

Edited by Petoonya

6 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Certainly true. But it was still a decent break considering the ship is 80% full 4 months prior to departure.

While I generally agree that supply and demand is the driving force behind pricing, you never really know what a cruise line will do. On Oceania I've been upgraded 7 categories to an aft balcony from an inside on a nearly sold out cruise. Only cruised with O six times previously.

Likelihood of cruise benefits in your favor with high demand....low.

But my point is- you just never know.

You don't know the ship is 80% full.