What would YOU suggest for a Platinum/Diamond gift ?

audcc77

24 minutes ago, Sillyjilly said:

Do you get free internet in your home? The ship doesn't get it for free either.

They dont pay for indivual use, they pay one fee for the whole ship. So, being they already have it on the ship, why not let D/P (or at least diamond members) use it? The ship may pay for it, but i can bet they are making a ton of money off the internet packages.

I had this chat with a bunch of people one night at the alchemy bar.  My favorites have been: the satchel messenger bag & Turvis Tumblers.   Use both all the time.

suggestions: Things we Came up with & could actually use like:

-RAIN PONCHO

(preferably one that doesn’t have a HUGE carnival logo plastered on my back screaming TOURIST 🤣)

-WIFI MINUTE CREDITS

-VIFP LEVEL DOOR TAG

-PASSPORT HOLDER (or billfold)

-NIGHTLIGHT

-FLIP FLOPS/ shower shoes

-KEY CHAIN

3 hours ago, wiskt said:

Their other brand Princess gives 100 free minutes to Platinum 

Their other brand Princess also has a promo called Best Sale Ever that includes gratuities,  internet  and their drinks package for about 300 over the bare bones rate for a 7 day cruise.

14 hours ago, FSHLOT said:

They dont pay for indivual use, they pay one fee for the whole ship. So, being they already have it on the ship, why not let D/P (or at least diamond members) use it? The ship may pay for it, but i can bet they are making a ton of money off the internet packages.

They are likely buying bandwidth.  So while they may not pay for each user they do pay for the data used.

On 1/23/2020 at 5:23 AM, FSHLOT said:

I'm not sure how it would be, but it will cost them nothing to offer it to D/P guests. 

It would cost Carnival A LOT.  Internet is a revenue stream.  Lets do the math ( I like doing the math ).

At package prices of $6.80, $10.20, and $14.45 per person, per day... and assuming an average of 500 D/P passengers that purchase internet packages... Carnival would be loosing $3,400 to $7225 per day -- or  $23,800 to $50,575 for a 7 day cruise.  Multiply this by 26 ships:  $618,800 to $1,314,950 for a 7 day cruise. 

25 minutes ago, phillyrose said:

Hi All,

Let's face reality here, no matter what you offer, the grips will come!  Unless it is OBC, Carnival will not please the majority.

And that will not happen, at least for Plats.  

Whenever this topic comes up, I suggest a free specialty dinner for 2 like I get as a platinum on NCL.  The only mention about specialty restaurants as a Diamond ton Carnival that I get is priority reservations.

A big yeah! to someone who already posted this idea in this thread!

Edited by evandbob
  • Like 1

In my job I order a lot of branded stuff to hand out at trade-shows and events. Obviously I’m not ordering in the same type of volume that Carnival orders but I’ve got a decent sense of what things are costing them.

The lanyards and luggage tags that everyone complained about about aren’t as cheap relative to some of the nicer gifts (headphones, towels, blankets etc) as people would think.

For instance, we gave out fleece jackets ($5), fleece throw blankets($3), headphones like Carnival’s($6) and external phone charging batteries($11). These items were highly coveted and people really enjoyed them.

Beer coozies, lighters, nice pens, lanyards and frisbees all cost between $1-3. 

Cheap pens, mints and keychains were all under 50¢.

hats and t-shirts vary from 1-12 depending on a lot of factors.

Again, I know they are dealing with high volumes but to me, but I’d rather spend double on something people are going to appreciate and use. You’d be surprised how often I see people wearing our fleece jackets. I also get remembered by people who get our blankets. To me, going cheap is pennywise and pound foolish on their end.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

It would cost Carnival A LOT.  Internet is a revenue stream.  Lets do the math ( I like doing the math ).

At package prices of $6.80, $10.20, and $14.45 per person, per day... and assuming an average of 500 D/P passengers that purchase internet packages... Carnival would be loosing $3,400 to $7225 per day -- or  $23,800 to $50,575 for a 7 day cruise.  Multiply this by 26 ships:  $618,800 to $1,314,950 for a 7 day cruise. 

Thats why it would be a nice perk!! 😀😀

21 hours ago, FSHLOT said:

Because they need to make the money to pay the fee they paid. I'm sure it's not cheap.

Also, I'm sure the money  made helps keep the cost of the cruise down.