Taxes & Port Fees

mollygirl

Needed to cancel a cruise on the Sky Princess. Wife ended up in the hospital. I have travel insurance with my charge card. Returned to me in about two days were the Tax and port charges. Not the cruise cost. Also returned, were the packages that we purchased. I did receive the cruise cost from the travel insurance company. That took several weeks. I was not charged any cancellation fee. Do not remember if I booked with or with out that option.

You are required to pay a cancellation fee (including 3rd and 4th berths) if You cancel Your Cruise, Cruisetour or Cruise Plus package. Cancellation fees are based on the fare paid, excluding Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses, transfers, surcharges, shore & land excursions and most pre-purchased gift(s) and/or special service(s). 

1 hour ago, denmarks said:

You are required to pay a cancellation fee (including 3rd and 4th berths) if You cancel Your Cruise, Cruisetour or Cruise Plus package. Cancellation fees are based on the fare paid, excluding Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses, transfers, surcharges, shore & land excursions and most pre-purchased gift(s) and/or special service(s). 

You can book without a cancellation fee. Usually the cost of the cruise is higher but not always. I booked the Celebrity Apex and when we went on the Edge we did not like it. Cancelled the Apex cruise with no penalty. It was booked without penalty, because we did not know if we would like the Edge, basically the same ships.

14 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

You can book without a cancellation fee. Usually the cost of the cruise is higher but not always. I booked the Celebrity Apex and when we went on the Edge we did not like it. Cancelled the Apex cruise with no penalty. It was booked without penalty, because we did not know if we would like the Edge, basically the same ships.

But the discussion/question/thread/board is about Princess. 🤔

4 hours ago, bemis12 said:

You weren’t trying to answer the question then?

I already answered the question previously.  Here is what I received from my TA. A lot of the Princess sailing are actually refundable without penalty. As I mentioned before. My SKY PRINCESS Dec1st, 2019 sailing of which I had to cancel. I was not charged any cancellation fee. "PRINCESS"