Thinking of returning to Princess: need info on Crown/cabin

RNCheryl

We have cruised with Princess in the past, twice on Coral and once on Royal, but it has been several years.  Looking at 12 day British Isles in June, 2021.

Pricing for balcony cabin comes in about $325pp/pd, which is a little higher than I like to go.  Includes Wifi, grats and premier beverage, with refundable deposit.

How do you like the Crown (we LOVED Coral!)?  Any recommendations for cabin choice?

We did the British Isles cruise on Crown this past summer. It was great! However, do not book balcony cabin number B254. It was a mid forward BB balcony on the port side. We had constant rushing water noise in our wall, day and night at random intervals. Must be a drain of some sort that goes through that cabin. Other than that, the Crown was fine. 

We did the British Isles Cruise on the Crown in 2011....loved the ship, absolutely loved it....we like to be high up and I think our room was #304 on the Lido Deck...really close to the pools and buffet etc..and far enough away from the elevators that they didnt bother us. I suffer from motion sickness but was fine in this balcony room

We cruised Crown ti the British Isles this past August. 

Loved the updates to the pizza place and grill in deck, those cheesy fries were addicting!!  

The ship is in great shape, it's been updated to Ocean Medallion and MedallionNet suoer fast internet, both if which were great! Super easy to use. 

Whether the price, with the inclusions, is worth it to you, only you know. We went with an Oceanview cabin on that sailing as it was so incredibly port intensive, only one sea day.  Balcony seemed a waste to use - our friends had a balcony cabin, and didn't use it at all beyond sailaway... YMMV.

5 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Balcony seemed a waste to use - our friends had a balcony cabin, and didn't use it at all beyond sailaway... YMMV.

kinda what I was thinking as we've looked at those cruises

we would prolly book an aft inside on Riviera  then just use the Outrigger Bar and adult pool area

We also did the Brit Isles last summer as part of a b2b2b2b. Totaled 50 days and we loved it. In fact, it was so nice we leave Saturday for another 40 days on the Crown in the Caribbean. We had cabin B753 - an aft facing cabin and we are are moving next door to B751, another aft facing cabin for the new cruise.

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

The ship is in great shape, it's been updated to Ocean Medallion and MedallionNet suoer fast internet, both if which were great! Super easy to use.

Honestly, aside from mentioned stuff ship is not in great shape.. it needs some updating of interiors and has a problem with generator which causes to miss some ports and be delayed in other. We spend on her New Year and while we like Princess and various stuff we were surprised ship did not look as exciting as other ships we sailed on previously.

We got off the Crown last week and, sadly, we were disappointed.  The ship is in desperate need of updating....our mattress was so soft that I sunk into it.  Very uncomfortable.  We had a permanent black ring in our toilet.  Peeling paint all over the place.  

That being sad I must say the staff was amazing and the food was the best we have had on any Princess ship!

On 1/23/2020 at 7:49 PM, Jilliebean28 said:

We got off the Crown last week and, sadly, we were disappointed.  The ship is in desperate need of updating....our mattress was so soft that I sunk into it.  Very uncomfortable.  We had a permanent black ring in our toilet.  Peeling paint all over the place.  

That being sad I must say the staff was amazing and the food was the best we have had on any Princess ship!

Kind of what I was afraid of.  And having just been in dry dock in 2018??