new pricing structure= full ships

bones774

11 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Would it be worth calling and just doing a direct upgrade to the Balcony at this point? Have Balcony prices dropped as well? As for calling in for compensation for the price reduction, you should be offered 25% of the difference as OBC and maybe offered 50% of the difference as future cruise credit. If the price drops another $50, that's only $12.50 in additional OBC, so it's up to you to decide if it's worth waiting to call. Remember, if your category sells out, they won't offer you any compensation at all.

Jamie, it looks like the Balcony Guarantee price is still $750 a person above what we paid for the Sailaway Inside, so even a max $400 per person bid on a balcony would still be well below that. Interestingly, Strawberries and Wine are being offered as a Sailaway perk, for everyone apparently. I've not seen that offer before.

16 hours ago, HowardK said:

Haven't seen deals this good since O Shennan was in charge. Of course, I would need to add Bus+UBer+Hotel +DSC  on but it is still getting very reasonable. Of course, though I have never sailed from NYC in winter - but at these prices wouldn't care if I was stuck inside a day of two.

It isn't supposed to be this way. They've been talking for years about how they are not going to offer deep discounts, yet they have to in order to fill ships. And the current health scare adds another layer of challenges. 

1 hour ago, tooleman56 said:

Jamie, it looks like the Balcony Guarantee price is still $750 a person above what we paid for the Sailaway Inside, so even a max $400 per person bid on a balcony would still be well below that. Interestingly, Strawberries and Wine are being offered as a Sailaway perk, for everyone apparently. I've not seen that offer before.

Balcony categories are showing as sold out, so you should probably call ASAP about the OBC or FCC for your sailaway rate.

9 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

So, all of these price drops are for cruises within final payment, cause I am seeing no price drops several months out. In fact, the one we have been looking at for January 2021 just went up $300pp

Yeah, I don't see any incentive for them to drop prices on sailings that are still almost a year out!

• Like 1

The Norwegian Spirit which was redeployed to the Mediterranean (COVID-19 retreat) should have good deals when bookings open up. NCL has less time to fill the ship for the summer and fall itineraries. Ship was just refurbished so it should be really nice for pax who like a smaller ship.

Edited by IrieBajan54
add text

4 hours ago, blcruising said:

It isn't supposed to be this way. They've been talking for years about how they are not going to offer deep discounts, yet they have to in order to fill ships. And the current health scare adds another layer of challenges. 

As I see it, they aren't offering the deep discounts they used to offer.  They've just put pricing back to "normal range" which by comparison to a few days ago seems like a deep discount. 

14 minutes ago, April42749 said:

As I see it, they aren't offering the deep discounts they used to offer.  They've just put pricing back to "normal range" which by comparison to a few days ago seems like a deep discount. 

Normal range? Well, let me know when the below cruises go on sale....

Escape 2-22, 7 days $250

Pearl, 3-1 or 3-8, 7 days, $293

Breakaway, 2-22, 7 days, $299

Star, 3-15, 15 days, $349

Jewel, 3-20, 14 days, $599

Jade, 3-18, 22 days, $489

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blcruising said:

Normal range? Well, let me know when the below cruises go on sale....

Escape 2-22, 7 days $250

Pearl, 3-1 or 3-8, 7 days, $293

Breakaway, 2-22, 7 days, $299

Star, 3-15, 15 days, $349

Jewel, 3-20, 14 days, $599

Jade, 3-18, 22 days, $489

Well.....woops.  I just follow the cruises out of NYC.  I'm am shocked....their stupid experiment was a major failure.

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2020 at 3:56 PM, JamieLogical said:

It should be showing you up to 100 rooms in any given category, but sometimes it does glitch and only shows 15 rooms. And the way I find out the total is simply clicking into each category and totaling them up I wish there was an easier way, but that is the only way I have found.

Hi,

after watching the pricing craziness of my 2/2 Bliss cruise (and condolences on all the cancelled cruises) a "tool" like this will be even more valuable in deciding when to book after cruising starts up again - pricing models are likely to be crazy for a while. 

In trying to figure out how to best count them up myself I find that one can "copy" (select) the column with the room numbers displayed for a category, then paste it into either an Excel or Google sheet and seeing the number of rows that are taken up, and divide by two.  At least better that going 1-2-3...

cabin-counter.jpg

5 minutes ago, WestfieldTraveler said:

Hi,

after watching the pricing craziness of my 2/2 Bliss cruise (and condolences on all the cancelled cruises) a "tool" like this will be even more valuable in deciding when to book after cruising starts up again - pricing models are likely to be crazy for a while. 

In trying to figure out how to best count them up myself I find that one can "copy" (select) the column with the room numbers displayed for a category, then paste it into either an Excel or Google sheet and seeing the number of rows that are taken up, and divide by two.  At least better that going 1-2-3...

I typically copy/paste into web-based line counting tool. Whatever gets the job done!