new pricing structure= full ships

bones774

59 minutes ago, Bonobochick said:

As someone who budget cruises on NCL - which I guess classifies me in the derisive titled "bottom feeders" group - I've never once removed my DSCs. The implication of that generalization of budget cruisers is gross. 

And I should've quoted @MoniMommy  but trying to fix it is more of an irritation than I feel like handling.

Hopefully, I am wrong. But removal of DSC happens. Perhaps it's those in the Penthouse suite that remove them the most. I am sure though that removal of DSC isn't l in limited to one category of cruisers.

Good news friends!! The waiving of single supplements and last minute cabin dumping is alive and well, at least for sailaway interior. No single supplement on 7 day Escape departing Feb 1 marketed at $998 but drops to $499 when you click through or Encore Feb 2 marketed at $1,188 but drops to $544 when you click through and the best is no single supplement on 14 day Bliss departing this Sunday, marketed at an outrageous $3,456 but drops to $999 when you click through to make a booking. $1,059 plus gratuities if you wanna drink. What a system!! To get true pricing, you actually have to click on every sailing individually and make a mock booking on each sailing to get true pricing!! There may be more, I was testing out rates on sailings departing this weekend. Lots of undersold sailings with available inventory. Wish I could go!!

Edited by blcruising
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 12:29 PM, PistolPete13 said:

I've been watching the 2/2 Bliss sailing out of NYC out of curiosity because I sailed the same itinerary on Jan 5th.

I'm shocked at the last minute pricing for an inside room.  $3456 for a solo traveler.

I booked the Jan 5th trip right after Thanksgiving at $1256 before taxes and fees for the same room type.  After taxes, insurance, and excursions, I ended up paying about $3K total.  

Click all the way through the booking. The $3,456 is what shows on page 1. Price is only $999 for sailaway inside, $1,059 if you wanna drink, when you click through the booking process.

Edited by blcruising
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonobochick said:

As someone who budget cruises on NCL - which I guess classifies me in the derisive titled "bottom feeders" group - I've never once removed my DSCs. The implication of that generalization of budget cruisers is gross. 

I agree completely! We are also budget cruisers / "bottom feeders". We have cruised around much of the world--most of the time in inside cabins. I like bargains, but would never dream of canceling the DSC! While no doubt there are some who do cancel DSCs in order to save money, I believe (hope!) they are a very small minority.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2020 at 12:29 PM, PistolPete13 said:

I've been watching the 2/2 Bliss sailing out of NYC out of curiosity because I sailed the same itinerary on Jan 5th.

I'm shocked at the last minute pricing for an inside room.  $3456 for a solo traveler.

I booked the Jan 5th trip right after Thanksgiving at $1256 before taxes and fees for the same room type.  After taxes, insurance, and excursions, I ended up paying about $3K total.  

Not to beat this to death, but I am fascinated by this pricing model. So, I just tried booking for two on this sailing and it tells you no cabins available, but you can get a room for 1 for only $999. You can't book two people to a room, but you can book two rooms with one in each room. I have no clue what they are doing. I am beginning to think NCL or whatever system they are using is faulty. Either that or their website is jacked!!

4 minutes ago, blcruising said:

Not to beat this to death, but I am fascinated by this pricing model. So, I just tried booking for two on this sailing and it tells you no cabins available, but you can get a room for 1 for only $999. You can't book two people to a room, but you can book two rooms with one in each room. I have no clue what they are doing. I am beginning to think NCL or whatever system they are using is faulty. Either that or their website is jacked!!

Sounds like they are near life boat capacity and have tagged a few remaining cabins for solo occupancy.

1 hour ago, blcruising said:

Click all the way through the booking. The $3,456 is what shows on page 1. Price is only $999 for sailaway inside, $1,059 if you wanna drink, when you click through the booking process.

Amazing.  I wonder what my manager would say if I disappear on him for another 2 weeks now...LOL

On a side note, I previously thought that last minute bookings would mean many ship excursions would be sold out.  I did notice the excursion choices disappearing on the web site the closer we got to the sail date.  However, on the 2nd sea day of my 14-day, I happen to poke around one of the screens on the stairs and saw that many (if not all) the excursions still had available slots to book.

I assume it's like the restaurant reservations where they hold back a bunch of slots.

15 hours ago, ray98 said:

Sounds like they are near life boat capacity and have tagged a few remaining cabins for solo occupancy.

This morning, they've opened up interiors to double occupancy. If it was a lifeboat capacity issue, which it could have been, it looks like they've resolved it. Hope someone can take advantage of this last minute offer.

4 hours ago, blcruising said:

This morning, they've opened up interiors to double occupancy. If it was a lifeboat capacity issue, which it could have been, it looks like they've resolved it. Hope someone can take advantage of this last minute offer.

I wonder how much or little inventory there really is?

Maybe another price drop?

Edited by bones774
  • Like 1

Just checked the inventory on my Bliss March 22 sailing again. Prices in many categories went down by about $25 per person for the week, but only 13 more rooms have sold since Monday. 42 days to go and at least 408 rooms left. At least the prices did finally budge from where they'd been holding the past several weeks.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Just checked the inventory on my Bliss March 22 sailing again. Prices in many categories went down by about $25 per person for the week, but only 13 more rooms have sold since Monday. 42 days to go and at least 408 rooms left. At least the prices did finally budge from where they'd been holding the past several weeks.

sounds like a lot of rooms left. I don't know how you do it but could you check the 2/2 Bliss sailing? if not a problem, thanks

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Which site gives you # of rooms left?

Can you Tell what to search for on Google?

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 10:48 AM, Zippeedee said:

Take a look at the 21 day Bliss Panama Canal from NYC in April. The price has dropped so many times it wasn't worth using my NCL credit card points for an upgrade. The solo supplement is now waived for balconies, which are almost the same price as studios and insides. The pricing makes no sense to me.  I'm hoping the ship won't be full. Much nicer cruising without crushing crowds.

Made me look...wish I had the time off.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I gave a google search hint on page 3 earlier in this thread.

i went there and am not able to find out total rooms available.

in fact, all it seems to do is regurgitate what ncl.com gives me.

ie: only lists 15cabins max per category (unless bliss april panama cruise is only 15cabins left per category?)

from that site, how do you find total rooms available?

Edited by fstuff1

15 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

ie: only lists 15cabins max per category (unless bliss april panama cruise is only 15cabins left per category?)

It should be showing you up to 100 rooms in any given category, but sometimes it does glitch and only shows 15 rooms. And the way I find out the total is simply clicking into each category and totaling them up I wish there was an easier way, but that is the only way I have found.

1 minute ago, fstuff1 said:

hm.. the stock market had a meltdown this week.

it would be interesting to see cruise prices if this slide continues week after week

Great point. Sometimes I forget that we have very good economic conditions. Stocks are up,people are spending. It wasn't too long ago where that wasn't the case. Everything is cyclical. Stay tuned.

19 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

I just checked the April Bliss panama canal sailing and it is showing 45 rooms in the BA category. Maybe you are looking at the wrong site? It is so frustrating that CC rules won't let me just name the site or put a link.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

It should be showing you up to 100 rooms in any given category, but sometimes it does glitch and only shows 15 rooms. And the way I find out the total is simply clicking into each category and totaling them up I wish there was an easier way, but that is the only way I have found.

Me too, and it's really quite simple....especially good for those who like more-n-more cruises! 😉

On 1/29/2020 at 3:26 PM, blcruising said:

Good news friends!! The waiving of single supplements and last minute cabin dumping is alive and well, at least for sailaway interior. No single supplement on 7 day Escape departing Feb 1 marketed at $998 but drops to $499 when you click through or Encore Feb 2 marketed at $1,188 but drops to $544 when you click through and the best is no single supplement on 14 day Bliss departing this Sunday, marketed at an outrageous $3,456 but drops to $999 when you click through to make a booking. $1,059 plus gratuities if you wanna drink. What a system!! To get true pricing, you actually have to click on every sailing individually and make a mock booking on each sailing to get true pricing!! There may be more, I was testing out rates on sailings departing this weekend. Lots of undersold sailings with available inventory. Wish I could go!!

Just to circle back for anyone that may be interested or for anyone who is observing pricing behavior for the last minute deals 

Tomorrow 7 day Escape cruise bottomed out at $449, down from Wednesday.

7 day Encore for Sunday at $499, also down from Wednesday.

Bliss, Sunday, 14 day, $999. Same price as Wednesday. However,on Wednesday you could only book solo occupancy. Today, if you try to book one to a room, it shows, not available (as opposed to sold out)....only double occupancy available. Lol.

Also, tomorrow 7 day Breakaway added at $399.

As someone else noted, price differential between sailaway and free at sea perk is very, very small. Most cases it is $30 more to get a perk marketed as free, plus gratuities, if applicable. That's pretty close to being Free at Sea!!

Edited by blcruising
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 3:59 PM, JamieLogical said:

I just checked the April Bliss panama canal sailing and it is showing 45 rooms in the BA category. Maybe you are looking at the wrong site?

It is so frustrating that CC rules won't let me just name the site or put a link.

well, the site im looking at say "Up to $1700 CASH BACK: EXCLUSIVE OFFER"

same as the one you're talking about?

29 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

well, the site im looking at say "Up to $1700 CASH BACK: EXCLUSIVE OFFER"

same as the one you're talking about?

Don't think so. The one I am talking about had E-deal Sign Ups for US and non-US residents in the main navigation menu...

• Like 1