new pricing structure= full ships

bones774

12 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Don't think so. The one I am talking about had E-deal Sign Ups for US and non-US residents in the main navigation menu...

i think i got it. that site is clunky as hell 😞

Edited by fstuff1

On 2/1/2020 at 1:46 PM, fstuff1 said:

i think i got it. that site is clunky as hell 😞

Yeah, it is very slow and hard to navigate, but I guess beggars can't be choosers!

Just checked inventory on my 3/22 Bliss sailing again. Prices had dropped about $25 for most categories last week, but they went back up about $35 sometime over the weekend, despite only 12 more cabins having sold in the past three days. So still only averaging, at best, about four room sales per day. 396 rooms left with 48 days to go. On track to sale with 200 empty rooms at this rate!

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Yeah, it is very slow and hard to navigate, but I guess beggars can't be choosers!

Just checked inventory on my 3/22 Bliss sailing again. Prices had dropped about $25 for most categories last week, but they went back up about $35 sometime over the weekend, despite only 12 more cabins having sold in the past three days. So still only averaging, at best, about four room sales per day. 396 rooms left with 48 days to go. On track to sale with 200 empty rooms at this rate!

You constantly keep track of every cabin category?

I guess you really want to sail on that 3/22 cruise?

1 minute ago, fstuff1 said:

You constantly keep track of every cabin category?

I guess you really want to sail on that 3/22 cruise?

I am already sailing on the 3/22 cruise. I am just an information junkie, so I like to track the inventory and pricing on my sailings, even after I book and am past final payment. It can help influence my decisions about upgrade bids and I just find it interesting.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2020 at 3:17 PM, JamieLogical said:

They FINALLY dropped pricing on my 3/22 Bliss sailing by about $200 per person across all categories and (no surprise) inventory started moving again. Twenty-six rooms sold in the last two days!

Prices dropped again yesterday. They are now back down in the realm of what we paid when we booked in November. We paid $699 base fare per person for our BA back then. As of yesterday, the BA price is down to $727. BAs peaked at 1119 on 12/19 and were hovering between $1063 and $1077 from 1/09 to 2/03. There are now 334 total rooms remaining with 39 days to go.

On 1/24/2020 at 8:15 AM, 4774Papa said:

NCL has pushed us to book with Celebrity and Royal that allow booking early with NO perks.

Was looking at Celebrity the other day to book a cruise that was 2 years out and they wanted a non refundable deposit... no thank you that far out.  I know you "only" lose $100 pp but the rest goes toward a future cruise but 2 years out??? Do they not have refundable deposits anymore or was it a glitch that day?

2 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Was looking at Celebrity the other day to book a cruise that was 2 years out and they wanted a non refundable deposit... no thank you that far out.  I know you "only" lose $100 pp but the rest goes toward a future cruise but 2 years out??? Do they not have refundable deposits anymore or was it a glitch that day?

You'll get better feedback by posting this on the Celebrity board.

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Prices dropped again yesterday. They are now back down in the realm of what we paid when we booked in November. We paid $699 base fare per person for our BA back then. As of yesterday, the BA price is down to $727. BAs peaked at 1119 on 12/19 and were hovering between $1063 and $1077 from 1/09 to 2/03. There are now 334 total rooms remaining with 39 days to go.

Looks like it dropped again, $657 now.

I'm looking at the following week, possibly.... 3/29

Edited by Mike_DeA

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

All of the 7 day Bahamas out of NYC dropped.  We booked 3/1 at $496...went up to $909....and now down to $664 for sail-away balcony.  The ones later in March are $559 for that category....normal rates.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

They do but, The 2/22 cruises I have been looking at cost $1000.00 more for refundable fares!

I am tracking 3/15 Bliss (I am on 5/17Encore) and found since this afternoon more  drops on this and some of the later ones- specifically I was looking at a Balcony with all 4 promos and am finding despite it being a GTY it is becoming too good a deal to even care. 

My only concern is not being able to get to ship (even leaving the day before) so i am  waiting to the week before- it just seems the downward slope of prices is really early leaving me to believe an increase won't happen until much later.

Haven't seen deals this good since O Shennan was in charge. Of course, I would need to add Bus+UBer+Hotel +DSC  on but it is still getting very reasonable. Of course, though I have never sailed from NYC in winter - but at these prices wouldn't care if I was stuck inside a day of two.

1 hour ago, HowardK said:

Haven't seen deals this good since O Shennan was in charge. Of course, I would need to add Bus+UBer+Hotel +DSC  on but it is still getting very reasonable. Of course, though I have never sailed from NYC in winter - but at these prices wouldn't care if I was stuck inside a day of two.

By Day#3 it's generally warm enough to be outside.  Really not much time on a 7 day cruise, but it's still warmer than back in NYC.

• Like 1

PIcked this up a few days back interesting that prices are dropping again I got 2 deals last year closer to home but the ships have not come back to Europe yet.

Though I would have a look at the UK prices for the Bliss NY runs.

22 March BX with grats, drinks package and 3 dinners is £843pp just under $1.1k

The US rates look a little cheaper($1050 with grats) but get all 4perks.

15 hours ago, Mike_DeA said:

Looks like it dropped again, $657 now.

I'm looking at the following week, possibly.... 3/29

Yeah, looks like everything dropped another $70 across the board yesterday. I am psyched, because I was booked in a Studio with one perk (drink package) on the 3/15 sailing and yesterday I was able to snag an angled balcony with all perks for a grand total of an extra $113.95. Just the SDP alone would have cost me $118. Now I get the bigger room, an angled balcony, 250 minutes of wifi, and the $50 per port shore ex credit as well!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Yeah, looks like everything dropped another $70 across the board yesterday. I am psyched, because I was booked in a Studio with one perk (drink package) on the 3/15 sailing and yesterday I was able to snag an angled balcony with all perks for a grand total of an extra $113.95. Just the SDP alone would have cost me $118. Now I get the bigger room, an angled balcony, 250 minutes of wifi, and the $50 per port shore ex credit as well!

That's terrific, congrats! 

The price for a Sailaway Inside on our Feb. 24 Gem sailing dropped $400 a person on Wednesday from what we paid and is down $550 a person from the listed price about a week ago. I'm debating whether to call today and ask (nicely of course) for some onboard credit or wait until next week and see if prices drop further. We also have an Upgrade Advantage bid in for a balcony that remains pending at 11 days out.

Just now, tooleman56 said:

The price for a Sailaway Inside on our Feb. 24 Gem sailing dropped $400 a person on Wednesday from what we paid and is down $550 a person from the listed price about a week ago. I'm debating whether to call today and ask (nicely of course) for some onboard credit or wait until next week and see if prices drop further. We also have an Upgrade Advantage bid in for a balcony that remains pending at 11 days out.

Would it be worth calling and just doing a direct upgrade to the Balcony at this point? Have Balcony prices dropped as well? As for calling in for compensation for the price reduction, you should be offered 25% of the difference as OBC and maybe offered 50% of the difference as future cruise credit. If the price drops another $50, that's only $12.50 in additional OBC, so it's up to you to decide if it's worth waiting to call. Remember, if your category sells out, they won't offer you any compensation at all.

• Like 1