Cruise Air / Air2Sea Question

RSLeesburg

I logged into my Silhouette reservation today to price out some flights through Cruise Air, and the button is still grayed out.  I am 329 days from the cruise, so I should be able to price out flights, right?  Has this happened to anyone else?  Would it be easier to just call them direct?  

6 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Even though air might be available directly with the airline, Celebrity takes a few days to catch up.  Also, if you are looking at round trip, your return is move than 330 days out.

lol...I just realized that when I tried to price out the flights.  No go on the return.  I guess it would be better to wait till I can book both legs, rather than two one-ways, right?   At the moment, it looks like all the pricing is identical for a one way flight from Miami or Orlando to Santiago when I compare Cruiseair, Expedia, and American.  I will wait until my return pricing is available, and then check to see which gives me the best choices...

1 minute ago, 39august said:

It is much easier to get information by calling Celebrity Air than trying to find flights on line. And sometimes the least expensive is 2 one way fares.

I was just going to post the same thing. They are fantastic over the phone, I’ve found it much easier to book that way vs on the website. 

Yes you should be able.   Some airlines open booking 1 year out but most don't open bookings until 11 months prior to flight.   Best to wait until all of the airlines are available to compare prices.  

If greyed out all you have to do is go to Choice Air (as opposed to Flights by Celebrity)  http://www.cruisingpower.com/choiceair/protected/home.do

Like others said you can do a quick flight search or you can put in your reservations numbers etc.

On 1/26/2020 at 12:00 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Some airlines open booking 1 year out but most don't open bookings until 11 months prior to flight.  

Just out of curiosity, which ones open up a year out?  I'm not aware of any US-based airlines that do.  Not sure about South America-based airlines.  ???

2 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

Just out of curiosity, which ones open up a year out?  I'm not aware of any US-based airlines that do.  Not sure about South America-based airlines.  ???

You are correct that most U.S. carrier don't open flights until about 11 months prior to flight.   In the US I find AA - 331 days, United 334-337 days in advance, Alaska 330 days

I mostly book International Travel using choice air and many International carriers open up ticketing around  12 months out.   Ones I know of are Air Canada, Cathay, Korea, Asiana, Air France and Qatar

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I mostly book International Travel using choice air and many International carriers open up ticketing around  12 months out.   Ones I know of are Air Canada, Cathay, Korea, Asiana, Air France and Qatar

But this doesn't help the OP, who is traveling to South America.  Hence, why I asked about South America-based airlines.  🙂