Clueless and need help

Sersee

I have only ever been in The Carnival Breeze. I have three kids 22,18 and 15. My daughters bf always go with us as well. We usually try to book two connecting rooms of three.

We are leaning toward booking The Breakaway  Western Caribbean out of Miami.

I don’t know  much about NCL. I looked up the ship and it looked fun. I’m sure it will be an upgrade from The Breeze. We loved the Breeze! We got the drink package and everyone had a good time in the ship. We loved the trivia , dive in movies , and Guys Burgers.

So I have some questions . We got the free at sea so have the open bar, port credit and WiFi.

1) Does the Breakaway have Movies?

2) Does it have an adult section that isn’t extra?

3) Dining wise, you have to reserve everything?  On Carnival we ate in the main dining room and then would hit the buffet, Guys , etc for breakfast and lunch. How does it work on Norweigen?

4)I have a son with a dairy allergy. Carnival was surprisingly awesome with it. How is Norweigen?

5) Is Harvest Caye only a NCL port?

6) Do you get a sail card? Besides a soda package any other fees ?

7) Anything else In

missing?

Thank you!!!!

10 minutes ago, Sersee said:

I have only ever been in The Carnival Breeze. I have three kids 22,18 and 15. My daughters bf always go with us as well. We usually try to book two connecting rooms of three.

We are leaning toward booking The Breakaway  Western Caribbean out of Miami.

I don’t know  much about NCL. I looked up the ship and it looked fun. I’m sure it will be an upgrade from The Breeze. We loved the Breeze! We got the drink package and everyone had a good time in the ship. We loved the trivia , dive in movies , and Guys Burgers.

So I have some questions . We got the free at sea so have the open bar, port credit and WiFi.

1) Does the Breakaway have Movies?

2) Does it have an adult section that isn’t extra?

3) Dining wise, you have to reserve everything?  On Carnival we ate in the main dining room and then would hit the buffet, Guys , etc for breakfast and lunch. How does it work on Norweigen?

4)I have a son with a dairy allergy. Carnival was surprisingly awesome with it. How is Norweigen?

5) Is Harvest Caye only a NCL port?

6) Do you get a sail card? Besides a soda package any other fees ?

7) Anything else In

missing?

Thank you!!!!

I can't answer them all, but I can a few:

Spice H2O is a free adult outside area. Dining: you don't need reservations for the main dining rooms but since there are 5 of you, depending on when you go it might help to make one. Allergies: I have only heard good things about NCL dealing with allergies. When you get on board, seek out the restaurant manager (or someone else? Those who know please confirm) and talk to them about the allergy and what food is available. Also always remind any waiter that serves you. I don't know what a sail card is...

• Like 1

I can answer a few, Harvest Caye is for NCL and Oceania ships. Dock space for only one ship, if a second ship is in port someone has to tender.

The adult area is Spice H20 aft area no extra charge. Cant say much about allergies, since we don't have that issue, but I know the waiters often ask about allergies. There is a room card which you use for any purchases, as a room key, and to get on and off the ship. I believe there is a movie screen however we don't usually watch movies on the ship, so I dont have much knowledge about that.

We normally eat early so MDR waits are not bad, if you eat at prime time and have 5 people it wouldn't hurt to get reservations. Goof luck and enjoy the Breakaway

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sersee said:

Thank you! Does spice have a bar area? That makes me feel better about the allergies.

in Carnival we had a sign and sail card. We get it swiped for our drinks and it was linked to our credit card

Yes, there is a bar in Spice. There are lounge chairs and (I think) some kind of water feature so you can cool off.

It's adult during the day then at night sometimes there are dance parties and it is open to all ages.

• Like 1

Oh that’s ok. We don’t actually get in the water. We find a seat and it’s Always close to the bar. It was fun to see movies that weren’t available to rent yet. 

My husband and I went  every night and we just had fun doing it. It was nice to sit in the open air.

Im not a gigantic public pool fan especially the small ones 

12 hours ago, Sersee said:

in Carnival we had a sign and sail card. We get it swiped for our drinks and it was linked to our credit card

Do you think they're giving you an actual key?  Most mainstream cruise lines are using cards of one form or another (RFID, magnetic swipe or hybrid with both types), linked to the on-board account.

Definitely alert NCL ahead of time about the allergy, someone will meet with him after boarding. We always go to the MDR for lunch the first day and the dietary manager always came to our table to discuss dining issues (and to order dinner that evening). We are a family of 7 and we’ve never waited for a table in the larger MDR’s.

33 minutes ago, hallux said:

Do you think they're giving you an actual key?  Most mainstream cruise lines are using cards of one form or another (RFID, magnetic swipe or hybrid with both types), linked to the on-board account.

No ... I didn’t mention a key? I just wanted to know if it works like Carnival where they give you a card and that is what you use for swiping . I also was wondering if they link it to your credit card. 

I'm not sure if the ship you're sailing needs to have a card in the electrical slot in order to power lights and outlets.  It will also run the A/C so if you're gone from your cabin it won't cool if a card isn't in the slot.  ANY card will do, shopping loyalty, library, business card etc.

Make sure you book your theater shows as soon as reservations open 120 days prior to sailing.  It will be difficult to get all of you in from the stand-by line.