boarding for newbies

luckyinpa

i just discovered things are done differently here vs other cruises ive been on. im used to printing out a pass a home. showing that and ID  at the port to register. getting pic taken and getting my card before getting on the ship and then upon boarding, showing my card so they know i got on the ship.

i need a 5th grader primer on how celebrity does things. 

That sounds pretty much the same as our 2 cruises so far with celebrity. We print our passes at home, show them our passes and id at the check in spot, then they snap our pics and we get our cards.

We then go board the ship and grab our glass of champagne.

The Express Pass and the App really make the process easier.   Just fill out the information and either bring the printed or phone boarding pass.   The technology at the port may make it easier.   Our last cruise on Edge they had a pre-checkin area and the little camera recognized us from the uploaded photo and we didn't even have to show our boarding pass.   We were directed to security and were able to load onto the ship immediately without having to checkin at the desk.    We used our boarding pass to board the ship and picked up our SeaPass in our room.  

It somewhat depends on whether the ship you're boarding is using the new system or not.  Easiest way to tell is if your ship is one using the Celebrity App. 

If it's using the old system, it's pretty much exactly as you describe.  Show your boarding pass, Passport or documents, and credit card as check-in; they issue your Sea Pass Card, you board, and then - when the rooms are ready - can go to your room.  Prior to rooms being ready, you have access to the public areas. 

The new system is even more streamlined.  They scan your boarding bass at the pier, you board, go to your room where your sea passes are waiting.  You can drop off any carry ons, then leave the room while the attendants finish getting everything ready.  There will then be an announcement when things are ready. 

Harris

Denver, CO

No one yet mentioned that your Xpress Pass (boarding pass) will have a boarding appointment time on it. Mine and my DH boarding times are a half hour apart. We always ignore that time, arrive together at a time that suits us (almost always earlier than suggested) and have never had an issue.

summit. 

had no idea it varied by ship.  also forgot to mention NCL had health questionnaire too. its just weird not carrying on a card and finding it outside your cabin. obviously no one must steal them cause they would be worthless to them. 

so how do they actually track that you got on board? does your boarding pass cover all people in the cabin and you scan one piece of paper and it covers them?

14 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

summit. 

had no idea it varied by ship.  also forgot to mention NCL had health questionnaire too. its just weird not carrying on a card and finding it outside your cabin. obviously no one must steal them cause they would be worthless to them. 

so how do they actually track that you got on board? does your boarding pass cover all people in the cabin and you scan one piece of paper and it covers them?

Just like an airline boarding, each person has a boarding pass.  The pass has a bar code and it's scanned as you board.

Harris

Denver, CO