Luggage Tags

Pickels

Got my holders on Sunday with 1 day Amazon shipping and called the Captain's Club today to inquire about getting tags mailed out also.  Representative said she would be happy to do that and didn't understand why it didn't show up when I logged in..... She said she'd report it to IT so I've got that cracker jack team looking into it now.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We cruise in 26 days. March 1 for a b2b. Our edocs are still not available. I’ve called celebrity captains club several weeks ago and we keep in touch every few days. Still nothing. I guess my only option will be to get the luggage tags at the port. Captains club assures me all is fine but I’ve never heard of this happening. Anyone have this experience? 

39 minutes ago, zackmar said:

We cruise in 26 days. March 1 for a b2b. Our edocs are still not available. I’ve called celebrity captains club several weeks ago and we keep in touch every few days. Still nothing. I guess my only option will be to get the luggage tags at the port. Captains club assures me all is fine but I’ve never heard of this happening. Anyone have this experience? 

How unusual. We are 40 days out. Ours still pending. Thinking it’s because of air, or maybe we getting upgraded 🙂

7 hours ago, reallyhooked said:

How unusual. We are 40 days out. Ours still pending. Thinking it’s because of air, or maybe we getting upgraded 🙂

They did say when guests have air booked through celebrity this may happen. But we don’t. I’m going with your other idea of the upgrade. Lol. Fingers crossed. 

The luggage tags we receive in the mail from Celebrity are of good quality.  When we order them through the on-board booking process, we noticed a few years ago that sometimes we get them and sometimes we don't.  

So, this time, I ordered the luggage tags, then three days later, ordered them again, to make sure I would at least get one of them.

Well, today I go to the mailbox, and, what is there, both sets of luggage tags.

Silhouette, March 15th, here we come!!!!!

On 2/4/2020 at 7:12 PM, zackmar said:

Wow... that is weird.   Mine became available at 75 days pre cruise.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, surus said:

We have a guaranteed aqua cabin. Our cruise is in 35 days. How are luggage tags handles as we don’t have a cabin assigned yet?

I had the same situation with a little twist.       I had a AQ Guarantee and at 15 days pre-cruise still not assigned.   I had bid on an upgrade to a RS and won it at about 10 days pre-cruise.    Initially in the cruise docs the luggage tag were blank as no room had been assigned.    The day after being assigned a cabins the luggage tags were updated in my cruise documents with my RS room.  

Edited by Jim_Iain

On 1/31/2020 at 8:36 PM, davekathy said:

We also like receiving out luggage tags in the mail. One of the few traditions still kept alive. 

Of all our cruises we only received them in the mail on time once ( Canada ).

At pier there are porters with blank tags to attach.

All you have to do is remember your cabin number and give him a tip -- if, you want your luggage to get onto the ship.

• Haha 1

I love getting the old-fashioned pre-printed sticky-backed ones from Celebrity...

But, since we also cruise on other cruise lines that no longer offer these, I also have several of those plastic pocket things...

A couple of notes on those:

First, there are two sizes generally marketed:  Narrow ones for Celebrity and Royal Caribbean and wider ones for Princess and others.  My advice:  Buy the Princess sized ones...They work for any sized tags--you can always fit the narrower Celebrity/RCCL tags into them (and it's easier to do so) AND, if you ever cruise on some other line and you only have the narrow ones, you'll have to buy another set.

Second:  They used to make them (maybe still do) with a plastic band with which to attach them.  Now you find them with a metal band that screws together.  Don't buy the ones with the plastic band--they are a pain to attach...you've got to thread them through your luggage handle and the tag and then thread the tag back through the loop--which requires bending and folding it...and, eventually, they break.  The metal band easily attaches and is sturdier.

Also note the metal grommet with the metal band--sturdier as well.  Also, make sure they have the ziplock seal on the holder--helps if it's raining.  Some older ones don't have this.

Plastic band-- BAD:

image.png.a524267f044a402e9ff6af6be2078bf4.png

Narrow holders--won't fit most cruise line tags:

image.png.f6eabd1a55cc05fa650f1a748d851e36.png   

Wide holder (fits all cruise line printed tags), metal band--GET THESE:

image.png.9beb267d55efe23da644799137b53321.png   

Also, with these, you can disregard all of those folding and stapling instructions...Just print them out, cut the actual tag part, fold once and place it in the holder.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

I love getting the old-fashioned pre-printed sticky-backed ones from Celebrity...

But, since we also cruise on other cruise lines that no longer offer these, I also have several of those plastic pocket things...

First, there are two sizes generally marketed:  Narrow ones for Celebrity and Royal Caribbean and wider ones for Princess and others.  My advice:  Buy the Princess sized ones...They work for any sized tags--you can always fit the narrower Celebrity/RCCL tags into them (and it's easier to do so) AND, if you ever cruise on some other line and you only have the narrow ones, you'll have to buy another set.

Second:  They used to make them (maybe still do) with a plastic band with which to attach them.  Now you find them with a metal band that screws together.  Don't buy the ones with the plastic band--they are a pain to attach...you've got to thread them through your luggage handle and the tag and then thread the tag back through the loop--which requires bending and folding it...and, eventually, they break.  The metal band easily attaches and is sturdier.

Also note the metal grommet with the metal band--sturdier as well.  Also, make sure they have the ziplock seal on the holder--helps if it's raining.  Some older ones don't have this.

Plastic band-- BAD:

Also, with these, you can disregard all of those folding and stapling instructions...Just print them out, cut the actual tag part, fold once and place it in the holder.

Very useful information, thank you.

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I ordered the Narrow ones that fit Celebrity Tags perfectly about 3 years ago and the original 3 I use are still in service and showing no signs of wear.

Same here. I got mine back in 2011.

On 2/8/2020 at 12:35 PM, Bruin Steve said:

Plastic band-- BAD:

Thank you for being so detailed. I just ordered mine for our cruise next month. This was very helpful.