Move up offer expiry?

Mimiya11

29 minutes ago, Mimiya11 said:

Wait what? Your bid was accepted?  Woo hoo if that is the case!! 

It was! I received the email around 4:30PM today and was the Sky Suite as expected. The extra space will be so nice for 15 nights plus Luminae!

11 hours ago, JasYHZ said:

And just got our Sky Suite assigned - email came with the info. Logged onto my celebrity account and new stateroom was there. 

Congrats!!!

We haven't heard anything yet - although ours was not a Suite upgrade...

We are still locked out from making any modifications 🙂

10 hours ago, JasYHZ said:

It was! I received the email around 4:30PM today and was the Sky Suite as expected. The extra space will be so nice for 15 nights plus Luminae!

Can I pose a question, why didn’t you book a Sky Suite when you booked the cruise?

Is it cheaper to ‘Move Up?’

From what I have read, you get the points and perks for your original booking. You also get to choose the position of your cabin, so why didn’t you book the Sky Suite originally?

1 hour ago, travellovers2 said:

We sail on the Edge in a week, so we were going to put a bid on a regular veranda cabin to move up from an inside, but do they give you the option to say yes or no? I would like to know the location before they change my cabin. 

Not everyone can bid... log into your X account to see if you are able to bid first. IF you do bid, and it's accepted, your credit card is immediately billed and your cabin changed if your bid is accepted. No going back at that point. Bidding ends no later than 48 hours before the cruise, often much sooner than that. You may have missed it.

We do have the option to bid, but if we cannot know the location of the cabin before it's changed, then we prefer to stay in the inside cabin. This will be our first Elite cruise and our first inside cabin in 38 cruises. 🙂

Edited by travellovers2

6 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Can I pose a question, why didn’t you book a Sky Suite when you booked the cruise?

Is it cheaper to ‘Move Up?’

From what I have read, you get the points and perks for your original booking. You also get to choose the position of your cabin, so why didn’t you book the Sky Suite originally?

At the time we booked the cruise (we booked fairly late) Sky Suites were about three times more than the Concierge Class stateroom we had originally booked. We are Elite Plus so a lot of the benefits that come with a suite with all four perks we can balance out with what we get with our Captains Club status. What we paid for the move up bid plus our original stateroom is about $2700 lower per person than booking the Sky Suite outright.  

• Like 4

Congrats!

That is exciting & amazing for B2B...

1 hour ago, Wherenextcruiser said:

I bid on March 1 and 15 on Eclipse B2B cruises and both bids for SS were accepted.  About six weeks out. I put in low bids and was surprised to see them accepted.  And all in the same suite so we don’t have to move.  

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2020 at 6:46 AM, Gordoncruickshank said:

That is exactly what happened to my bids. We were not told it had expired, it was only when I checked them that I noticed one had expired. From what I have heard on the boards, in most cases you just get the unsuccessful email.

This is the first time we have used move up so not very conversant with the details. Can you tell me where I can see if our bid has expired. Thanks

3 hours ago, sandancer said:

This is the first time we have used move up so not very conversant with the details. Can you tell me where I can see if our bid has expired. Thanks

I went back to the e-mail I received & clicked on the modify/cancel tab - it took me to the upgrade.plusupgrade.com website.

I was not able to do any thing on this site - view only...

I first attempted this, because my bids & "Upgrade to Bid" disappeared from my Celebrity Reservation

3 hours ago, sandancer said:

The email you received after the bid is accepted has a link in it which has the word HERE in blue at the end of the second paragraph after the vis details. That takes you to the move up site which shows the status of the bid.

Our cruise in a couple of weeks was the first we submitted a bid for.

8 hours ago, Wherenextcruiser said:

I bid on March 1 and 15 on Eclipse B2B cruises and both bids for SS were accepted.  About six weeks out. I put in low bids and was surprised to see them accepted.  And all in the same suite so we don’t have to move.  

Getting the same suite for both was either divine luck or the MoveUp people were on the ball and cross referenced both sailings - good for you to luck in to the same stateroom!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JasYHZ said:

Getting the same suite for both was either divine luck or the MoveUp people were on the ball and cross referenced both sailings - good for you to luck in to the same stateroom!

All of the above is true. I did send a note when we got our first bid accepted and asked them to keep in mind our suite number. They said they wouldn’t guarantee it but would make a note to file. Seemed it worked. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

The email you received after the bid is accepted has a link in it which has the word HERE in blue at the end of the second paragraph after the vis details. That takes you to the move up site which shows the status of the bid.

Our cruise in a couple of weeks was the first we submitted a bid for.

Thanks. I went there and increased our offer slightly. I don’t think we’ve got much chance as the ship is pretty well sold out. 

Well our low bids on 3 levels of suites still show as pending, but I do suspect the odds are against us.   Four weeks to sailing and there were no suites available when we booked, but one never knows. This is our first time trying too and happy to read some people are successful.   

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Still no email but it is still “pending”. How long before the cruise are you usually notified?  Do they let you know if it is rejected or just if it is accepted. 

Our 3 offers are still pending too (ok ok I check every day 🙂)  Based on posts that I have read on various Move Up boards,  some people have found out as close as 48 hours pre-sailing while others have found out pretty quickly after bidding. 

We set sail 2 weeks this Saturday but we bid on suites which have been sold out since we booked our cruise.  I suspect that our only hope is if someone in a suite cancels at the very last minute and our bid is the one that is accepted.  Now far out are you to your cruise? 

On 2/6/2020 at 7:04 PM, JasYHZ said:

Exactly what's happening to us' my one "pending" bid is locked out so to speak - can't modify it or anything. If we decide to upgrade on our own we;ll do the same - email the MoveUp address asking to cancel our bid and have the date and time stamp. 

On 2/7/2020 at 12:56 PM, JasYHZ said:

And just got our Sky Suite assigned - email came with the info. Logged onto my celebrity account and new stateroom was there. 

If you bid on multiple cabins two reasons for an expired bid - one is one of your bids was accepted & the other is you are well below the amount X knows it needs to fill that cabin class.

Also just think average age of 65-70 on a transatlantic cruise. There are always a few that cancell the last week. So they want to fill those often expensive suites etc. Last cruise to Hawaii had a person fall the day before so you never know.

• 1 year later...
On 2/1/2020 at 9:31 PM, Want2Cruise 701 said:

2 members on here have posted that they had placed multiple bids and one or more had said expired but one was still pending.  In both those cases, it turned out that they had won the upgrade for the pending bid.  I am NOT saying that is what will happen, just what others reported.  

I hope you're right, because that's my situation tonight.  I put in 2 bids 3 days ago.  My preferred bid is Pending, my backup bid is Expired, and the option ot modify my bids is gone 17 days before sailing.

10 hours ago, OctoberLace said:

I hope you're right, because that's my situation tonight.  I put in 2 bids 3 days ago.  My preferred bid is Pending, my backup bid is Expired, and the option ot modify my bids is gone 17 days before sailing.

It will be interesting to find out if your move up attempt described in your reply to a 20 month old post works the same as that pre-pandemic one did.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mayleeman said:

It will be interesting to find out if your move up attempt described in your reply to a 20 month old post works the same as that pre-pandemic one did.

A woman on a Facebook page for those sailing on Celebrity confirmed she recently had the same experience as me, and she got the notice that she had won 3-4 days later.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OctoberLace said:

A woman on a Facebook page for those sailing on Celebrity confirmed she recently had the same experience as me, and she got the notice that she had won 3-4 days later.  

I found out that I had one, by my Credit card transaction notice.