Cabin Gift Exchange

Melanie H

• 1 year later...

Below are the rules for my Cabin Gift Exchang: 

Any ideas?

Let's get this cabin gift exchange started. There will be a group of 20 including yourself. You bring gifts for 20 to deliver to their cabin mailboxes. You can deliver all week I just ask that it be done by Friday evening.  No more than $3.00 per gift. Ideas of candy, bags, magnets, anything that reminds you of cruising, your hometown, your state or somewhere we are going. The sky is the limit. It's a lot of fun to come back to your cabin and see little surprises. If we have more than 20 I will start another list. Last cruise we got towel clips, magnets, cups, candy ect... Look forward to seeing a bunch want to participate. Any questions, please message me.
Please list your cabin numbers!

Thanks, Bobbi

• Like 3

For the ones I have participated in, you were supposed to bring one item representative of your home area.  But I would not participate again.  I don't want to waste space in my luggage taking something I don't need, and I would be worried about receiving a gift that was larger than I want to cart home.  Generally, this is organized on your roll call.  EM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/1/2020 at 2:51 PM, Melanie H said:

I signed up for my first cabin gift exchange 🙂.  What were some of your favorite gifts that you have received in a cabin gift exchange. 

We did it on the Miracle.  The instructions were $2 per gift and we had 25 sign up.  One person gave us a gift bag of mini ducks.  I got a cute pair of socks.  Another gave a personalized plastic cup filled with peppermints.  OH!  The most useful was a couple of cute animal masks (COVID style).  BF walked around as a tiger and I wore a bald eagle.  Got a mini first aid kit.  Mini hand sanitizer.  Reusable plastic straws.  

They were all little but they were cute.  They were generally bagged up and left in the mailbox for contactless delivery.  I really enjoyed it.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2020 at 1:51 PM, Melanie H said:

I signed up for my first cabin gift exchange 🙂.  What were some of your favorite gifts that you have received in a cabin gift exchange. 

We did one on our August cruise. It was so much fun finding "special Deliveries" in your mail box.  A lady from Hawaii left macadamia nuts, surf board key chain. Others were anything from fuzzy socks to candies in a little suitcase, writing pen with Whale Tail attached.  Have fun with it !!

When we did it those rubber wristbands were popular and we found a place online to get customized ones so we got them with the sail date and ship name and they even lit up.  

There are a TON of websites that will sell you bulk custom gifts for well within your price point and they have all kinds of stuff that you can make even more fun with the customization.

But my personal favorite thing was not part of the gift exchange - one of the roll-call members had a bunch of cruise coins made up with the ship and dates and our group name and sold them for like 7 or 8 bucks each.  He made a little money for his trouble (carrying them added many pounds to his luggage weight and he put up all the money up front to get them made) and we all got a pretty nifty souvenir.