Terrace Cafe

ranchomirage777

21 hours ago, Paulchili said:

You don't wait for the butter to melt before pouring in the eggs?

i don't.  Toss the pat of butter in. Pour the mixed eggs in.  Pushing things around with a spatula while the pan is heating causes the butter to mix with the eggs.  

I wasn't really taught to do  this by anyone.  I heard someone mention putting butter in scrambled eggs.  Next time I cooked them, I decided to add butter and this is how I did it.  I wanted a short order cook approach I guess.  Haha

• Like 1

Haven't been reading all the discussion of eggs - fresh versus coming from a container or bag or whatever on the Terrace.  However, I can tell you that if you want to see the eggs you're getting,  just ask the crew members making omelets on the Terrace to use the eggs they have in ramekins at their stations.  At least on Regatta (small ship) last month, there were two egg stations, one on each side of the ship, back between the coffee station and the sliding doors to the outside area of the Terrace.  The whole eggs are used for people who order fried eggs, but obviously can be used for any type of egg you want, as long as you don't want the special egg of the day (Florentine, huevos rancheros, etc).   That must be ordered from the crew members who are serving the eggs, sausage, etc. from pans. 

As for coffee at 5 AM, room service is easiest, but if you have someone sleeping and don't want to risk waking them up, you might find that either Horizons (one side only) or the Terrace or both have self-service coffee that time of day.  I'm not sure of the hours, though. 

Edited by roothy123
  • Like 1

As for coffee at 5 AM, room service is easiest, but if you have someone sleeping and don't want to risk waking them up, you might find that either Horizons (one side only) or the Terrace or both have self-service coffee that time of day.  I'm not sure of the hours, though. 

Thank you - we don't cruise much, but my limited experience is that there is always self serve coffee available somewhere.  It's just a matter of knowing where to look.  On our Celebrity 45 passenger cruise, I found it in the Deck bar kitchen.

I'll check both Horizons and the Terrace .... you are correct, I often get up early - don't want to disturb my husband, so I try to tip toe out and find coffee and a chair to do a little reading.