Health Screening Delays?

Daniel A

Imo medical screening  is still needed . Who knows for sure if someone boarding a ship did not come in contact with a person who has the virus in a early transmittal stage  .Can not be too careful   ;as this virus is spreading  world wide 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Imo medical screening  is still needed . Who knows for sure if someone boarding a ship did not come in contact with a person who has the virus in a early transmittal stage  .Can not be too careful   ;as this virus is spreading  world wide 

Be it coronavirus, norovirus or the common flu, chances are better for catching it while on the domestic flight to the embarkation port and will show no symptoms at embarkation time.

No pre-board screening will catch this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, caribill said:

Be it coronavirus, norovirus or the common flu, chances are better for catching it while on the domestic flight to the embarkation port and will show no symptoms at embarkation time.

No pre-board screening will catch this.

If things worsen a lot the airlines will also have to do pre screenings .Let us hope it doesn't come to that 

1 minute ago, mcrcruiser said:

If things worsen a lot the airlines will also have to do pre screenings .Let us hope it doesn't come to that 

I am more worried that when someone coughs on a plane they will quarantine all passengers for up to two weeks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, caribill said:

I am more worried that when someone coughs on a plane they will quarantine all passengers for up to two weeks.

If that becomes necessary then the virus  will have been  infecting many  like what we see in China  today  .Again ,we hope it never reaches that level 

Symptoms like coughing don’t necessarily meaning sickness...that’s where it gets tricky.  The blood pressure meds I am on have coughing as a side effect.  On my transatlantic last fall many people had pneumonia.  Several times people would “move” in the bar, dining room, theater, etc while making a comment under their breath about needing to stay in my cabin.....just saying.....also, my resting body temperature runs about 99 degrees....and this has never been documented by my doctor so getting a medical waiver is going to be difficult...who knew cruising was so stressful😷?

36 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

Symptoms like coughing don’t necessarily meaning sickness...that’s where it gets tricky.  The blood pressure meds I am on have coughing as a side effect.  On my transatlantic last fall many people had pneumonia.  Several times people would “move” in the bar, dining room, theater, etc while making a comment under their breath about needing to stay in my cabin.....just saying.....also, my resting body temperature runs about 99 degrees....and this has never been documented by my doctor so getting a medical waiver is going to be difficult...who knew cruising was so stressful😷?

Your blood pressure medication side effect can be documented. I think that  know which one you are on; it is a common side effect for it. 😊

10 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

We will be flying internationally...GB to Buenos Aires...will be less than 14 days prior to embarkation...wonder what additional screening we will have, above the three extra questions ?

I am currently on the coral   We sailed out of Buenos Aires on the 21st.   There were no health screenings

I boarded Regal this morning.  No health questionnaire forms to fill out, no temperature readings, only two questions and we were on our way.  The only delay due to the health screening was about 20 seconds to answer the two questions.  Whew!!

• Like 2