Concierge Lunch

MNBluffBuffs

That's an old menu and the gluten free symbols are incorrect.  There were three options in October & November on Silhouette = salmon, pasta, and something else (maybe it was chicken but can't recall).  No more short ribs.  No GF desserts.  Salmon is always pretty good and a good jolt of protein to tide me over until late dinner.  Entire meal is served pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I'm in concierge in Nov... read recently that the short ribs were no longer on the menu which is sad... I adore short ribs.

Oh that's too bad they were so good. Now I feel better about not missing the embarkation lunch as I downgraded from CC to a regular balcony. Saved $600. 

24 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Well, I hope for all of us that short ribs are there again (and that they aren't labeled GF when the side is couscous).

Me too. On the Apex in May and hope to have them in the MDR. Love them with the gravy and root vegetables. I asked them to substitute the couscous with mashed potatoes.  So delicious. 

On 2/3/2020 at 6:45 AM, Klapka said:

The term concierge lunch is new to me.  We are in a Sky suite this time and I think we take lunch in Luminae.  For future reference: who gets it and where is it (on Silhouette, eg)? 

The Concierge Lunch is only for Concierge Class, Zenith and B2B's.   The lunch is held in the Main Dining Room.    Yes as a suite Guest you will have Luminae which will be open for lunch.  

14 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

A hidden gem for lunch is the Spa Cafe --- nice salads, club sandwich on request, quiet area , and no 2 minute penalties for "elbowing " at the buffet.

Great choice.   We are not big eaters and enjoy the 1/2 sandwiches and the Caprese Salad.

53 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

A hidden gem for lunch is the Spa Cafe --- nice salads, club sandwich on request, quiet area , and no 2 minute penalties for "elbowing " at the buffet.

I used to love the Aqua Spa cafe but not so much anymore. They had 1 soup choice every day it was sweet potato. The club  sandwiches are one slice of tomato with processed chicken (never used to be). Also they have done away with the poached salmon at least it wasn't there on my last two cruises. Eclipse and Equinox.  I feel it's just another of their many cutbacks.

On 2/4/2020 at 6:19 PM, twins_to_alaska said:

I'm in concierge in Nov... read recently that the short ribs were no longer on the menu which is sad... I adore short ribs.

There were no short ribs on the menu last month on Equinox and I opted for the whole wheat pasta which was good - DH and son had the salmon.  What was great was the service and atmosphere and chill rather than the hustle & bustle of the OVC.  The meal did not take long at all.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 7:36 AM, drakes2 said:

I'm also there a day or 2 in advance but I still  have to travel to get to the port. Not always easy to get spot in or outside the buffet. Last time I was at the buffet for lunch I left my drink on the table and tote bag on the chair just to get bread and some cheese.  Gone maybe a minute or 2. Returned to find couple sitting in my spot moved bag over and drink gone. They said nope, no drink and handed me my bag. A waiter would not take the drink if a bag was there.

There are rude people everywhere. Some are ignorant others just plain stupid. Remember stupid cannot be cured.

FYI we have done several B2B and stayed in Concierge. The lunch has varied from great to wish we ate in the buffet. It is not a big deal. Just a lunch.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 1:40 PM, Bruin Steve said:

On our upcoming cruises, we are both in Concierge...AND back-to-back...So I guess we are "entitled" either way...

And we'll get this same limited menu twice...seven days apart...

I am not thrilled with that menu...

I don't really like roast or grilled fish or chicken...And I don't care for the sides with the short ribs...and Squash Soup doesn't sound good to me either...

So, I'll probably have a Caesar Salad...then the short ribns...but I'll ask for the french fries normally served with the chicken instead of the sides...

But I wish they had a couple of simple sandwiches or burgers on the menu instead...

In any event, I find even this preferable to dealing with the crowded buffet...There, we'd wait on lines to get food already picked over by dozens of people before us, then search for an open table...and then, we seldom eat together--one eating while the other is still getting food or going back for seconds...I much prefer to eat in a restaurant with table service and portions cooked for me and served while I sit at a comfortable table.

I think you will find it much more relaxing than ocean view and bonus if you can get a table for 2 with a view of the water.  Wait service was good and prompt not crowded at all.  Portion sizes are perfect for lunch never felt overfull and if you're still hungry ask for seconds.

On 2/5/2020 at 12:50 AM, drakes2 said:

I've done this 3 times in concierge and usually in and out in 45 minutes. They also close at 1 or 1 30 I think. I prefer it to the crowded oceanview cafe. Yes menu may be limited but I always find something I like. 

I'm in CC for my cruise next month, but they don't want us to arrive before 1:30pm. So this means no CC lunch? (earliest check in is 12pm).

Just now, xjeddax said:

I'm in CC for my cruise next month, but they don't want us to arrive before 1:30pm. So this means no CC lunch? (earliest check in is 12pm).

We are in CC for our Eclipse cruise next month and the embarkation notice said Concierge, Elite and Suite guests could board at any time regardless of what deck their cabin is on.

Just now, Gimpy McFarlan said:

We are in CC for our Eclipse cruise next month and the embarkation notice said Concierge, Elite and Suite guests could board at any time regardless of what deck their cabin is on.

Thank you! I didn't notice that, but just checked mine again and it is the same. So we'll probably head over straight after checkout, otherwise we'll plan a lunch in port and head over much later. 

8 hours ago, xjeddax said:

Thank you! I didn't notice that, but just checked mine again and it is the same. So we'll probably head over straight after checkout, otherwise we'll plan a lunch in port and head over much later. 

Call your TA or whoever you booked with and have them change your check in time or just show up at the port for 11 am. The embarkation lunch is part of your CC booking so why not take advantage?

Just off 3 weeks on the Summit.

first week - day one we ate at Sushi on five. We are not lovers of raw fish but it was awesome !

second week went to the b2b lunch and were disappointed with the menu ( since Nov on silhouette). Chicken breast is now a dried out phillo pastry 

They had salmon and the pasta as mentioned above...but we can’t remember what the other item was.. if it was short ribs I would have ordered it so it certainly was not that. We enjoyed the experience of being there and were in and out quickly.....

but last week we went back to Sushi on 5 . Really enjoyed it again!

I agree....you will be happy with your suite lunch at Luminae.

enjoy

brockmom