Mysterious White Space

Travelling2Some

When you get on board look the ship over:

Doors marked CREW ONLY (don't go in there) - Electrical Vault -

Cabin Stewards work service areas won't be marked but the door may be open to take a peak at what lies within.

Small Doors along the passageways could be access for cabin plumbing and electrical.

Some of these areas have hidden crew stairways - elevators -

engineering areas with ventilation air conditioning.

Take the BST "Back Scenes Tour" and see more of what is in the White Space !

White Space - between the MDRs would be the Galley

White Space - behind the stage areas - performers dressing rooms - changing wardrobes - makeup etc.

White Space - laundry facility

White Space - Crew Deck called I95 with various activities

When you view the deck plans none of this will be spelled out - just the Mysterious White Space.

And then there are the Emergency Escape doors - but not to be used in a Muster Drill unless otherwise directed.

If in a Suite/Haven cabin the Butler or Concierge may use these areas to move guests to the front of a line.

Fair Game to pop the question what is behind the White Space ?

Okay, so far it sounds like it's anybody's guess.  This is a very large "white space" that runs down the entire middle of both Decks 9 and 10 all the way between the forward and aft elevators.  So it's not some broom closet or just a set of stairs.  I'm just hoping it's not something like the ship's laundry (or the 2 AM drum practice area, lol).  After I posted this question I realized that all the Breakaway Plus ships have the same thing.  I'll be on the Escape in June so I'll have a chance to poke around before our cruise on the Joy and answer my own question. 

1 hour ago, Travelling2Some said:

Okay, so far it sounds like it's anybody's guess.  This is a very large "white space" that runs down the entire middle of both Decks 9 and 10 all the way between the forward and aft elevators.  So it's not some broom closet or just a set of stairs.  I'm just hoping it's not something like the ship's laundry (or the 2 AM drum practice area, lol).  After I posted this question I realized that all the Breakaway Plus ships have the same thing.  I'll be on the Escape in June so I'll have a chance to poke around before our cruise on the Joy and answer my own question. 

For the most part, the large spaces that run between the interior cabins are the AC fan rooms, which consist of just that, large fans, filters, and heating/cooling coils and ductwork to provide the outside cooled air to your cabins, provide the ventilation for the public spaces, and for the bathroom exhaust fans.  This is not to say that there are not spaces like electrical lockers or plumbing lockers carved out of this chunk of space.  There will also likely be some linen lockers and cabin stewards pantries (ice machines and glass washers), or there may be a room service galley/pantry (and this would be the only area that would present late night/early morning noise problems, as it is open all the time).  Crew stairs and elevators tend to be clustered near the guest stairs/elevators.  The exhausts from the diesel engines will also go up to the funnels in this area, though this will be further aft than your cabin area, closer to the aft stair/elevator lobby (aft of the after group of interior cabins on deck 11).

• Like 2

Those fold up maps you can also do it yourself to a degree - - -

Go to NCL.com or use this LINK:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/cruiseline.php?line=Norwegian

and click on your ship and then click on each individual deck

could print you own in 8.5 x 11 format

sort-of-cumbersome - but it is an alternative with the option of writing in your own notes on the margin

Cruisedeckplans member you can also use the drag-decks feature overlaying decks on top of each other

After a couple days on the ship - you should be able to ditch the graphic interface and find the nearest

bar or other feature with ease.