Strange reimbursement

My DH just got a check in the mail for $100 from Princess. The accompanying letter says it's from a sailing we took in 2013. Looks totally legit. I'll call Princess but was wondering if anyone else has gotten such a check.

20 minutes ago, 1965 said:

My DH just got a check in the mail for $100 from Princess. The accompanying letter says it's from a sailing we took in 2013. Looks totally legit. I'll call Princess but was wondering if anyone else has gotten such a check.

Sounds like FFC refund. But they use to expire in 4 years. Now in 2 years. 

41 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Did you purchase a Future Cruise Deposit that you never used? If so, they are likely reimbursing that cost.

We've booked many cruises since 2013. Wouldn't they automatically apply a fcc? Maybe it fell through the cracks. My DH  thinks that's what happened.

If it's from BottomLine Technologies, it's totally legit and most likely for a future cruise credit that you had forgotten you had.  

The same thing happened to me about a year ago.  I questioned it as well until I found out that Bottomline Technologies takes care of all the reimbursements for Princess cruises.  I just looked up their number on the internet and called them ... they are so very helpful.  They also take care of the refunds you get if you don't spend all your refundable credit onboard.  I think it's for anything over $25.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brisalta said:

Did you happen to make FCD in 2013 and then afterwards change your credit card number?

If so it could be they could not return the FCD at the time it expired and an recent audit has shown that you are owed that amount.

I bet that's it. We did change credit cards.  Thanks!!