CARNIVAL CORONA VIRUS THREAD

sapphire_407

1 hour ago, lelder1 said:

So just curious - if you are quarantined in your cabin, and you booked interior, are you stuck in that box for days on end with no light or fresh air?

I don’t get why you would quarantine in your cabin if you still have to quarantine on land at a military installation for 14 days. Unless there is a huge outbreak. I cruised two weeks ago and have another in early April. Hopefully by my next cruise they can figure it out. 

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Which was a change, or at the least better wording than he used the first time.  I have no issue with him, he is the man in this dog fight. 

The State Department on Sunday advised U.S. citizens not to take a cruise during the global coronavirus crisis. On Monday, a federal official appeared to soften that position. 

I'm not trusting any of these people for awhile!

They keep changing their minds!

Edited by AmBear
  • Like 2

While this sounds like good news, it isn’t at all. It means we are past trying to contain this and moving only to mitigate bc it’s too rampant there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hawkeye93 said:

While this sounds like good news, it isn’t at all. It means we are past trying to contain this and moving only to mitigate bc it’s too rampant there.

That's my take on it as well.

• Thanks 1

I don’t get why you would quarantine in your cabin if you still have to quarantine on land at a military installation for 14 days. Unless there is a huge outbreak. I cruised two weeks ago and have another in early April. Hopefully by my next cruise they can figure it out. 

You wouldn’t. That was bc no one had (has??) a freaking clue what to do and the quarantines failed. Let’s hope they are learning this.

• Like 1

The State Department on Sunday advised U.S. citizens not to take a cruise during the global coronavirus crisis. On Monday, a federal official appeared to soften that position. 

Yep. Bc they have no clue and there’s no cohesive message. It’s abysmal.

Wow! VP Pence just said they met again with the cruise lines to find out what they were going to do to make the ships safer and a healthier environment for passengers. They are trying to make them take more responsibility for the health of their passengers while they are on board. 

One thing is making the cruise lines be responsible for passengers that have a serious health issue while on board. They want the cruise lines to take responsibility to get the patients to the land medical facility needed and pay all the costs to get them there, including medical evacuation. I like that idea! 

He also talked about better screening and other measures and not just in regard to the Coronavirus. That all sounds good to me! I would be willing to  pay more for those changes also.

Edited by LaRue1975

2 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

Notwithstanding whether it’s “good” or bad”, it makes sense. As opposed to the hysteria of canceling anything with more than two people attending.

High risk people should be extra cautious. If I were 70 or had an underlying condition, I wouldn’t go to things like sporting events either.

But unless I get sick, I’m doing the same things I always do.

• Like 3

I think by this weekend we'll have areas of the country in lock down!
NY put one community north of the city on lock down!

Universities are starting. They are still at that crucial period where containment can help. It’s going to be different all over depending on how densely populated places are.

23 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

Wow! VP Pence just said they met again with the cruise lines to find out what they were going to do to make the ships safer and a healthier environment for passengers. They are trying to make them take more responsibility for the health of their passengers while they are on board. 

One thing is making the cruise lines be responsible for passengers that have a serious health issue while on board. They want the cruise lines to take responsibility to get the patients to the land medical facility needed and pay all the costs to get them there, including medical evacuation. I like that idea! 

He also talked about better screening and other measures and not just in regard to the Coronavirus. That all sounds good to me! I would be willing to  pay more for those changes also.

I heard that as well but I heard that was Carnival’s recommendation. They may make it mandatory to purchase the trip protection coverages that include medical and evacuation coverages to recoup the costs . I’ve never purchased it directly from carnival but I never travel without it . 

2 minutes ago, UrbishN said:

I heard that as well but I heard that was Carnival’s recommendation. They may make it mandatory to purchase the trip protection coverages that include medical and evacuation coverages to recoup the costs . I’ve never purchased it directly from carnival but I never travel without it . 

Thanks for the clarification, they were talking about the cruise lines recommendations. I always buy third party insurance also to get the the high dollar medical and medical evacuation. They could add it to the insurance they offer which would make the most sense. I would buy it through Carnival then and get the Cancel For Any Reason 75% FCC credit too. I know it won’t be cheap but Carnival could help mitigate that and keep everyone happy. 

I do think this whole episode, while distressing has a chance to improve our overall cruise experience in the future. One can hope for a silver lining!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

Bottom line summary quote: “We just don't know yet”.

True - and for anyone to suggest otherwise, would be to prove their ignorance.

Nonetheless, some rather salient points were made in this article. 

1 hour ago, AmBear said:

There are many moving parts here.  The message you can take to heart is what Fauci says.  While his message def softened it was really the way he said it.  You need look no further than him for the true lowdown.  

22 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Scary article .. I’m not elderly but smoke and could lose a few pounds too 😞

I work for a Functional Medicine dr- which means about 80% of our patients are in the high risk group due to autoimmune disorders. While this article is from a New Zealand expert, this is what my employer chose to email to her patients to explain the virus snd the situation/goal. I found it very helpful so passing along to anyone interested. The goal is to flatten the curve— and that takes everyone working together to achieve.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/09-03-2020/the-three-phases-of-covid-19-and-how-we-can-make-it-manageable/

9 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

Oh for sure! Didn’t mean to minimize the article at all.

Understood.

I do wish that we, as a country, could be a little more proactive in this regard. And, for that matter, the environment, infrastructure, and on, and on... !!

🙂

Tom

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

I work for a Functional Medicine dr- which means about 80% of our patients are in the high risk group due to autoimmune disorders. While this article is from a New Zealand expert, this is what my employer chose to email to her patients to explain the virus snd the situation/goal. I found it very helpful so passing along to anyone interested. The goal is to flatten the curve— and that takes everyone working together to achieve.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/09-03-2020/the-three-phases-of-covid-19-and-how-we-can-make-it-manageable/

Good article hawkeye93! Thanks for posting.