Cunard drink package

bunkrest

I like coffee my companion likes sodas,a coffee package is $10 per day a soda package is $10 per day.

can anyone explain the rationale that we both must have the same package,I understand if I was asking

for an alcoholic package, after my recent call to Cunard they obviously think that all of their 

customers are dishonest and would share their respective package with other people but the price is

the same  I fail to see how Cunard will be disadvantaged.

Do you have to both have the same package ? On our recent cruise one of our table companions had the Alchohol Package while his wife had the Premium Soft Drinks one, that appealed to ,me as although it would be more expensive than the wine package plus cocktails and beer, it wouldn't be much more so and I wouldn't feel so gulty paying all that money for a coke when there's perfectly good water available.

The "World of Drinks" brochure states "All adults in the same stateroom are required to purchase the same Drinks Option."

The Terms and Conditions documents for the various individual packages include similar wording.

Beers, Wines & Spirits Option - Terms and Conditions:  "Each adult assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the same Drinks Option. Sharing is not permitted."

Speciality Hot Drinks Option - Terms and Conditions:  "Each guest assigned to the same stateroom must purchase or sign up for the same Drinks Option. Sharing is not permitted."

Premium Non-Alcoholic Drinks Option - Terms and Conditions:  "Each guest assigned to the same stateroom, with the exception of infants aged 3 years and under, must purchase the same Drinks Option. Sharing is not permitted."

Soft Drinks Option - Terms and Conditions:  "Each guest assigned to the same stateroom, with the exception of infants aged 3 years and under, must purchase the same Drinks Option. Sharing is not permitted."

Please note this is the policy as stated in the package terms and conditions. rakkor's report indicates there might be some leeway in actual practice if each guest purchases some package. We've never tried to purchase different packages, so can't offer anything further from personal experience as to how well that might work in practice. It would appear bunkrest wasn't offered that flexibility when on the phone with Cunard.

I suppose one can ask on board for different drinks packages between the 2 guests in the same stateroom.  But Blumarble has explained the rules and the explanation is consistent with everything I have seen on board and on-line.  Some other cruise lines have similar rules.

Hi I can reply as to the different packages received, I called cunard directly and asked for the premiere soft drink package for myself and alcohol for my husband In early November, the cunard rep said it was ok, even though  I mentioned I thought we both had to get the same ..I booked it right away,

I enquired again this past weekend for a future cruise, and the rep states they can no longer take reservations/payments from passengers. We either have to do it on line or when we get on board..I think it is unfair to ask us to both have the same..they will loose an alcohol package from us that they would have perhaps got otherwise..it is not worth it when 1 of the 2 does not drink often

I did  notice thought that the coffee package is now listed at $10 per day vs $15

rakkor. Hi from your Canadian table mates...

28 minutes ago, lissie said:

How much is a latte or flat white on board? The coffee package maybe of interest to us 

Last July I took a photo of the Kings Court drinks menu on board QM2. That menu listed the price of either an Illy Caffe Latte or Flat White as $4.20. Adding the 15% automatic gratuity charge brought the total cost of either to $4.83. Of course prices could have increased since then and there might be differences on QE, but hopefully that gives you something to go by as a starting point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

Last July I took a photo of the Kings Court drinks menu on board QM2. That menu listed the price of either an Illy Caffe Latte or Flat White as $4.20. Adding the 15% automatic gratuity charge brought the total cost of either to $4.83. Of course prices could have increased since then and there might be differences on QE, but hopefully that gives you something to go by as a starting point.

Useful - thank you. 

3 hours ago, lissie said:

Useful - thank you. 

Lissie, as additional and possibly redundant information, that's US$. Also, and I don't know about the coffee package but from my reading of the alcohol package would indicate that the 15% is included in the daily package price and not added separately somewhere else.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Lissie, as additional and possibly redundant information, that's US$. Also, and I don't know about the coffee package but from my reading of the alcohol package would indicate that the 15% is included in the daily package price and not added separately somewhere else.

That's correct. The 15% service charge is included in the package price. For any drink that's included in the package, you are presented with a $0 slip to sign. There's a line on that slip for you to add a gratuity if you wish, but no service charge is added behind the scenes.

Now having said that, I'm not sure what happens regarding the service charge when you use the alcohol or premium soft drinks package to get 20% off a drink that's in excess of what the package includes for free. The wording of the terms and conditions makes it sound like the 15% service charge applies in that case, but I don't know that for sure.

Thank you it makes for interesting reading,I did call Cunard and was told that we had to have the same drinks package the reason being they may loose revenue if I share,

I told them that both packages are the same price but alas they will not budge.

13 minutes ago, newjoisey said:

a previous post said the soda package was 30 @ day but you were told 10 @ day ? 

The basic soda package (called the "Soft Drinks Option") is $10 per day. The sodas included in that package are just the draught sodas from the bartender's dispenser. That's that package we always get. The description of that package says it includes "draught soft drinks, selected fruit juices, squash and cordials."

Another more inclusive soda package (which used to be called the "Premium Soft Drinks Option" but is now called the "Premium Non-Alcoholic Option") is $29 per day. The description of that package says it includes "a range of hand-crafted non-alcoholic cocktails, artisan soft drinks, small bottled waters, freshly squeezed juices, speciality hot drinks and Godiva drinks."

Edited by bluemarble
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, newjoisey said:

a previous post said the soda package was 30 @ day but you were told 10 @ day ? 

There are 2 packages as follows-

Premium Soft Drinks Option - $29 per person, per day

Enjoy unlimited refreshments from a range of soft drinks, small bottled waters, freshly squeezed juices, speciality hot drinks and non-alcoholic cocktails.

You will also receive a 20% discount on any non-alcoholic drinks not included in the Premium Soft Drinks Option

Soft Drinks Option - $10 per person, per day

Unlimited draught soft drinks, selected fruit juices, squash and cordials.

• Thanks 1