Edge Upgrade

travellovers2

I would think you might be successful but why not put a little on top like $10 or 20 more to beat out anyone else who bids the minimum.   You might look at one of the sites that show all the open cabins and see how many IV's are open to gauge your chance of winning.

When I have won I was notified about 2 week prior to sailing if I won but exactly 48 hours before sailing if rejected

You may have a better chance than you expect.   When the upgrade waterfall begins some in IV's will get upgrades which will free up additional cabins.  

Be happy with your current room and consider yourself a winner if you get the upgrade.  

Either way it will be fine for us. This will be our 38th cruise, first time Elite with Celebrity. We booked an inside for the first time. On another cruise with HAL, we accepted an upgrade offer to a suite, but we have mostly booked balcony. So at this stage, we just want to have a relaxing cruise to get away from work for a week.

As long as we're on the ship, we're happy. 5 days to go!! 🙂

BTW: we have been on the Equinox to the Panama Canal and the Eclipse to the Baltics & Russia. Very nice ships. 

Edited by travellovers2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, crusinpeg said:

I’m on the Edge right now and think it’s great! Don’t know what you need improved?!

It's a long list that has been discussed many times.  If you're in a suite it's a great life, not so good for the rest of us.

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Haha 1

Considering the possibly of the Corona Virus I wouldn’t want to have a inside cabin.   Those passengers on the Princess ship are confined to their cabin for 14 days.  

I would want to be able to have some fresh air and have a balcony if that happened.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

It's a long list that has been discussed many times.  If you're in a suite it's a great life, not so good for the rest of us.

We were in a SV...it was great.  Sure, I'd love the suite life; but am happy just to be on a beautiful ship.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

It was good for me, our group and thousands of others (non-suite passengers)... unless you are specifically speaking about yourself and/or how many others???

Please remember that The Edge is sailing quite full for the most part, with only a small % of those who are aware of CC coming here to complain about service, cabins, shopping etc.. then even a smaller % of those who have yet or never sailed on The Edge who come to complain, even more often, about what they do not care for about The Edge.

Maybe we can get the mod's to open up a sticky for those who have complaints about The Edge, this way all comments will be centralized and easily accessible? Just a thought. That way those who do not like The Edge for whatever reason will not have to repeat themselves so often.

bon voyage

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

It was good for me, our group and thousands of others (non-suite passengers)... unless you are specifically speaking about yourself and/or how many others???

Please remember that The Edge is sailing quite full for the most part, with only a small % of those who are aware of CC coming here to complain about service, cabins, shopping etc.. then even a smaller % of those who have yet or never sailed on The Edge who come to complain, even more often, about what they do not care for about The Edge.

Maybe we can get the mod's to open up a sticky for those who have complaints about The Edge, this way all comments will be centralized and easily accessible? Just a thought. That way those who do not like The Edge for whatever reason will not have to repeat themselves so often.

bon voyage

Again, it's not personal.  If you like it that's great, many people don't.

Enjoy your cruises

7 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Again, it's not personal.  If you like it that's great, many people don't.

Enjoy your cruises

Okay, it is not personal at all and I do not take it that way, to be sure.

Please provide your estimates and calculation points for 'many people' who do not like or enjoy the IV's.

This is only for point of information, to be sure, to support yours and possibly others who contend the same point(s).

For any statistical significance, you or others would either need to spend hours at each return dis-embarkation to interview passengers or your email or mailbox is full with return surveys or is this postulation based on a personal dislike of The Edge and its' offerings, which is fine btw, just want it all to be clearly stated.

bon voyage

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Okay, it is not personal at all and I do not take it that way, to be sure.

Please provide your estimates and calculation points for 'many people' who do not like or enjoy the IV's.

This is only for point of information, to be sure, to support yours and possibly others who contend the same point(s).

For any statistical significance, you or others would either need to spend hours at each return dis-embarkation to interview passengers or your email or mailbox is full with return surveys or is this postulation based on a personal dislike of The Edge and its' offerings, which is fine btw, just want it all to be clearly stated.

bon voyage

None of us have the data to make a statistical analysis, but it would be naïve for Celebrity to ignore all of the negative review about the Edge.   I as well as others have previously described in detail problems with the IV balcony, size of the balcony area, lack of forward viewing, uncomfortable furniture as well as other areas.  I know you've read the reviews.  Many of the negative reviews are far more detailed than I just don't like grey.

I am curious why you are discounting the negative reviews. Why is a negative review any less important than a positive review from someone who likes the Edge just because it's new?  Should we also indicate that there isn't any statistical basis for any positive reviews?

You are correct, the CC community is a small subset of the total population but a mediocre 3.5 rating on CC is disappointing for a shiny new ship,

23 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

None of us have the data to make a statistical analysis, but it would be naïve for Celebrity to ignore all of the negative review about the Edge.   I as well as others have previously described in detail problems with the IV balcony, size of the balcony area, lack of forward viewing, uncomfortable furniture as well as other areas.  I know you've read the reviews.  Many of the negative reviews are far more detailed than I just don't like grey.

I am curious why you are discounting the negative reviews. Why is a negative review any less important than a positive review from someone who likes the Edge just because it's new?  Should we also indicate that there isn't any statistical basis for any positive reviews?

You are correct, the CC community is a small subset of the total population but a mediocre 3.5 rating on CC is disappointing for a shiny new ship,

Thank you for your response, I agree that 'it would be naive for..' mainly through their own survey's and direct input from passengers and not those who have a long wish list of dislikes...

I never discount first hand reviews and do take into consideration second hand or no experience reviews, yet the later has less sway on my thoughts about MY first hand experience with The Edge. Those who have negative experience(s) with The Edge from their sailings, I cannot discount as it is/was their experience.

Those who have not had experience with The Edge, I do not discount them, except in the case when we read the same thing over and over and over. At least with reviews, we can read them once and move on rather we agree with them or not. If there are any questions about that experience and it is a public post, we can ask further questions and get an explanation in detail, to a great degree. That way I can compare my experience with theirs... and others can determine if it will be good or different or no problem for them. Again, we can read it once and move on and not go on and on and on and on about it.

A ship rating of 3.5 on CC is only relevant to those who read and give great import to the ratings that are given here and no further, IMO.

Just like I have a profound dislike for Viking Cruises advertizements and as such have decided that I really have no desire to sail them, just because I do, does not mean that I need to disclose that here (just did, there!) or on their forum. Personal choice, dislike and decision. Those who enjoy Viking for their reasons is great and no reason for me to constantly tell them my dislike of the line or the advertizing, what is the reason they should care? None... but be aggravated with my continuing to drone on about that personal issue.. LOL (hint, hint, hint)

IMO, the small subset of the 'total population' who have yet, if ever will, sail The Edge continue with the negative comments, were I really wanting to challenge your posit about positive reviews there are quite a few X forum postings with more positive reviews than negative, then many of them get overshadowed with negative responses and derailments from those who will never sail The Edge for various reasons. Most of us know.

Thank you again and bon voyage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

...there are quite a few X forum postings with more positive reviews than negative, then many of them get overshadowed with negative responses 

I honestly don't know if there are more people with positive impressions about the Edge than cruisers with negative experiences.  Both of these groups respond multiple times.  However, I don't know how you can conclude one side overshadows the other side.  Many of the cruisers with positive experiences seem to share your feeling that their positive experiences are overshadowed by another persons negative experiences.  I don't know how you or anyone else can reach that conclusion.  This is where many people seem to let it become personal.  You had a good experience, that's great.  Someone else was disappointed.  That doesn't discount your experience, all it means that someone else had a different experience and both opinions should be shared.  Both opinions are equally valuable and deserve the same respect.

17 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I honestly don't know if there are more people with positive impressions about the Edge than cruisers with negative experiences.  Both of these groups respond multiple times.  However, I don't know how you can conclude one side overshadows the other side.  Many of the cruisers with positive experiences seem to share your feeling that their positive experiences are overshadowed by another persons negative experiences.  I don't know how you or anyone else can reach that conclusion.  This is where many people seem to let it become personal.  You had a good experience, that's great.  Someone else was disappointed.  That doesn't discount your experience, all it means that someone else had a different experience and both opinions should be shared.  Both opinions are equally valuable and deserve the same respect.

Okay, you win.

Since you started the quantification (or simi) about comments (negative) and ratings (poor on CC), just thought a request for some back up would be in order, apparently not and that is fine.

All sides to the 'experience(s)' are welcomed here and by me and are respected.

A few of us are still waiting to hear about your negative experiences on The Edge, please share them.

I believe you will find that most passengers who have had great experiences never question a passenger who has had a poor experience, we do try to analyze the reasons and figure out a way to make it better going forward, how is that not valuable to those who come to ask for input on their impending sailing?

In conclusion, my conclusion is that there are some posters who, by all rights, consistently chime in about their negative or seemingly negative experiences on or about The Edge no matter the question from a poster.

Negative input can be constructive, by far, no question. Yet when it is the same over and over the noise gets lost on the readers who try to be positive about service, ships, ports etc... Yes we do know things can happen and support, often, those posters who approach it with an open mind based on the experience and not the 'perceived' experience.

There are many posters who indicated that they often times have been put off by the negative comments about The Edge and almost did not book. Not until a few of us assuaged their thoughts that many who post, which becomes evident, have never sailed on the ship, have always been negative on The Edge - hands down and never an issue, until it becomes boring to read again and not pointed to the question the OP may have asked.

But that is me and I Am possibly in the minority on this topic .... and cannot justify further hijacking the OP.

OP - I profusely apologize for my intrusion on your post.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, crusinpeg said:

I must be in the minority.....I’m in an IV and loving it!

I can only speak for myself, and am loving IV, but apparently since Edge has been cruising now for an extended time and the IV SRs are being taken up on all the cruises, it appears there are many more. And I am tracking the Apex cruise I’m taking in Oct for a TA, and the bookings are over 90% and that’s 8 months away. 

And to the poster who would get a Balcony because of corona virus........OK, but if I was in the least bit worried about being quarantined, I’d not cruise. But here I am cruising away and including Japan next year. But I think we have enough threads discussing that subject.

Den

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1