Movies

Dorset Cruiser

We are currently on the Crown and headed into Grand Turk as I type.   There are lots of movie choices,  on muts and in our cabin.   Downton Abbey,  Judy,  Joker,  The Peanut Butter Falcon,  The Farewell,  Yesterday,  and Avengers:Endgame.    I am impressed with the movie and tv series choices in our cabin and very surprised how big the tv is  now.   It's been a year since we last cruised,   so don't know when the Crown had new tv's installed.  

Good cruise with only 2 days left.  Great weather.  Wish we had booked a btb.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Olentangy said:

We are currently on the Crown and headed into Grand Turk as I type.   There are lots of movie choices,  on muts and in our cabin.   Downton Abbey,  Judy,  Joker,  The Peanut Butter Falcon,  The Farewell,  Yesterday,  and Avengers:Endgame.    I am impressed with the movie and tv series choices in our cabin and very surprised how big the tv is  now.   It's been a year since we last cruised,   so don't know when the Crown had new tv's installed.  

Good cruise with only 2 days left.  Great weather.  Wish we had booked a btb.  

Is it true that they're still accepting the old coffee cards?

On 2/11/2020 at 10:19 AM, Dorset Cruiser said:

Thanks, will try a search but not sure how to do that now.  It was easier on the previous CC version.

Search is in the upper right corner. Use the drop down to select where to search.

image.png.99f9f2491ed1e3c1475b3dbc8b541d18.png

Just off the Regal Princess and there were lots of movie choices for MUTS and then in the theaters as well including Judy, Ford vs. Ferrari, Ad Astra for MUTS and then in the theaters Joker, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Yesterday and in your room there was Harriet, Downton Abbey and many more. They showed the newest Spiderman on the pool deck one afternoon and the sound was so loud it woke my husband up from a nap. They also showed Lion King and another action movie. Lots of choices

5 hours ago, rentlady said:

Is there a charge for movies watched in your cabin? I know another cruise line charges for this?

I really believe that someday they will begin charging, at least for the first run selections which they have yet to offer. 

As with everything else, once it becomes popular, they can make a buck from it by charging extra. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 7:40 AM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

This is from the Royal Princess a few weeks ago.  Click on each photo to see the entire list.

That's a great list, but isn't that only on newer ships that have Movies On Demand?

Here are the nighttime MUTS from my cruise that ended yesterday: Judy, Ford vs. Ferrari, Ad Astra, Joker, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Yesterday, Downton Abbey, Jojo Rabbit, The Upside, The Sun Is Also A Star, Gemini Man, A Rainy Day In New York, Where'd You Go Bernadette, The Farewell.

Daytime MUTS included: Men In Black International, The Greatest Showman, Mamma Mia, Crazy Rich Asians, Aloha, Avenger's Endgame, Gidget Goes Hawaiian, Blue Hawaii, Leap Year, Angel Has Fallen, Just Go With It, Moana, The Extraordinary Journey Of The Fakir, 50 First Dates, Back To The Future, Maleficent, Mistress Of Evil, Hachi: A Dog's Tale, The Lion King (2019), Captain Marvel, Aladdin (2019).

There were also concert videos from Elton John, The Rolling Stones, Sheryl Crow, Annie Lennox, Crowded House, Mumford & Sons, Sting, Shania Twain, Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett.

On 2/28/2020 at 4:36 PM, scottca075 said:

That's a great list, but isn't that only on newer ships that have Movies On Demand?

Here are the nighttime MUTS from my cruise that ended yesterday: Judy, Ford vs. Ferrari, Ad Astra, Joker, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Yesterday, Downton Abbey, Jojo Rabbit, The Upside, The Sun Is Also A Star, Gemini Man, A Rainy Day In New York, Where'd You Go Bernadette, The Farewell.

Daytime MUTS included: Men In Black International, The Greatest Showman, Mamma Mia, Crazy Rich Asians, Aloha, Avenger's Endgame, Gidget Goes Hawaiian, Blue Hawaii, Leap Year, Angel Has Fallen, Just Go With It, Moana, The Extraordinary Journey Of The Fakir, 50 First Dates, Back To The Future, Maleficent, Mistress Of Evil, Hachi: A Dog's Tale, The Lion King (2019), Captain Marvel, Aladdin (2019).

There were also concert videos from Elton John, The Rolling Stones, Sheryl Crow, Annie Lennox, Crowded House, Mumford & Sons, Sting, Shania Twain, Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett.

Yes, you are correct.  The first photo shows what was available on MUTS and the other photos are the On-Demand.