Hilton Marina vs. Riverside Hotel

jshli

Considering Hilton Marina vs. Riverside Hotel for a 3 night stay. It appears that Riverside may be more centrally located for restaurants etc., but Hilton Marina has been recently renovated. We will have a car, either way. We would book executive tower king balcony room at the Riverside or king water view, high floor tower room at the Hilton. Both about the same price but Hilton package includes buffet breakfast. Would appreciate any input.

We also love the Riverside.  Stayed in a tower room in October 2019 and it was very nice.  Loved walking around the neighborhood and the easy access to the water taxi.  We have already booked a stay before our cruise this year.

We stayed at hilton marina in january.  We stayed on high floor in executive tower with a balcony.  Nice room. Great view.   The lobby is a very noisy very busy place and the fact they didnt have lounge for hilton gold members was disappointing.

We had dinner at their outside bar / restaurant because it was convenient.  Had a nice lobster roll.  Restaurant for dinner was ok but there are others places in area we like better.

The free portion of the breakfast buffet had a good selection of danishes muffins breads etc. I think we paid 6.95 to upgrade to hot breakfast with omelet station.  Good coffee too

On 2/18/2020 at 9:38 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

We stayed at hilton marina in january.  We stayed on high floor in executive tower with a balcony.  Nice room. Great view.   The lobby is a very noisy very busy place and the fact they didnt have lounge for hilton gold members was disappointing.

We had dinner at their outside bar / restaurant because it was convenient.  Had a nice lobster roll.  Restaurant for dinner was ok but there are others places in area we like better.

The free portion of the breakfast buffet had a good selection of danishes muffins breads etc. I think we paid 6.95 to upgrade to hot breakfast with omelet station.  Good coffee too

Do they offer "Cuban Coffee"?

On 2/12/2020 at 4:35 PM, Lois R said:

I love The Riverside.:classic_biggrin: Stayed there last month and will be staying there again in April before my next cruise.

I recommend it for sure.:classic_smile:

We are in total agreement with Lois.

Great location. We will stay there pre and post for our upcoming cruise.

Great pool area where you can watch the yachts and river traffic go by. Water Taxi stop next door. 

Hilton is a good choice if you want to be near all of the 17th Street restaurants (Kelly's Landng one of our favorites) and shopping (Publix, Total Wine).