Searching function on the Princess website

ExploringTheGlobe

18 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Just use https://www.cruisetimetables.com/ and choose your selection from Ports of Call.  EM

I wish that site let you denote which cruise line you are interested in. Entering a specific ship is too granular if you don't know which ship might go somewhere. I'd like to only see the Princess offerings.

8 hours ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

It is a terrible change.  For a long time, I could still use a backdoor link to the old search site but it no longer works 😞 

Yep. I kept my old link for a long time as well but it finally stopped working. I really dislike the new system. Do we really need pictures?

• Host Kat changed the title to Searching function on the Princess website

Howdy all! emo22.gif 

To help the other Host, I have edited the thread title and returned the thread to the original forum.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful to all.

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

On the Princess site you hit the "destinations" tab. Then under "plan & book" you see ports of call, hit that. Select a destination, then select a port of call. Hit "view details". You can then click to view cruises from chosen destination.

It's long winded but it gets you the info you want.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 8:44 PM, MrPantsOz said:

On the Princess site you hit the "destinations" tab. Then under "plan & book" you see ports of call, hit that. Select a destination, then select a port of call. Hit "view details". You can then click to view cruises from chosen destination.

Thank you.  They definitely have made it much more difficult.  And in that method, one still needs to select the "destination" first which means one must know the destination cruises it may show up in.   For example, I tested out Bermuda.  When I put in TA, it came up.  But when I put in Asia (I know it isn't in Asia, it was for a test), it does not come up.  So it still defeats the purpose a bit.  But it is a tool.  Thank you!

They also took out the ability to see the other available cabins as well. I wanted to find a balcony cabin and also an inside cabin that is near by for my son and his friends. 
it makes it much more difficult to find anything. Sometimes I might want to get the next level balcony but can only see the one cabin type. 
so frustrating 

On 2/13/2020 at 6:44 PM, MrPantsOz said:

You have made my wife very happy. Thank you!

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 6:37 PM, ExploringTheGlobe said:

The old search site on Princess used to allow for selecting a specific port but now I only see an option to add it the start/end port. Anyone found a good way to search for cruises that go to a specific port?  Or maybe I am just not seeing it? 

There is booking web site and I wish I old give it to you but not allowed. it will give you anything and everything you would ever want to check out. If you can decode this it is it. VTG