So where is Quantum of the Seas heading now??

Bader

31 minutes ago, WaveSplasher said:

This is from the satellite data on Quantum Of The Seas from Marine Traffic

Not sure if available free from there, but from the US, sat data requires a paid subscription - most folks on CC don't have that.

I too am now seeing a southerly course.  So she has sailed past Port Klang, done a complete u-turn and now heading towards Port Klang. Wonder if she had to line up in a specific shipping lane?

AISLive app on Android also showing her inbound to Klang, course 129° speed 9.3 kn. 

Last report 2/16/2020 07:49 with an ETA of 19:30.  Given that it's almost 2/17 in KL right now I'm assuming this app is adjusting time based on my phone's local time.  

Screenshot_20200216-075153_Aislive.thumb.jpg.e4a036f37ccc0a149dca4e5ec4e16e87.jpg

Screenshot_20200216-075215_Aislive.thumb.jpg.6b18683e82578a990546d250fc0c8668.jpg

Screenshot_20200216-090832_Aislive.thumb.jpg.3deac5a1bbb7cd79ec9b4fe5c90c4510.jpg

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bader said:

I too am now seeing a southerly course.  So she has sailed past Port Klang, done a complete u-turn and now heading towards Port Klang. Wonder if she had to line up in a specific shipping lane?

I have found cruisemapper to be pretty real time . 

Just catching up with the thread.  Based in the UK, currently working nightshift!

Thanks for the concerns and also the recommendations for hotels.

We have Farrier Park booked for the pre-cruise hotel and The Stamford post cruise.  So looking at Sentosa should the cruise be cancelled.   Will prob book something that has free cancellation.

Having never been to this part of the world does anyone have any other places we should consider, any secret spots, places you'd recommend for great food?  We love speakeasies, enjoy the concept of the hidden gems with great atmosphere/beer/food!  But in general are very easy going and willing to try just about anything.

Rob & Sarah

• Like 2

3 hours ago, s6prs1 said:

Is she currently empty of passengers ? 

Yes.  

I'm guessing there will now be a self imposed break of at least 14 days.  

After that, I think she will resume operations outside the region, at least for a period of months.  LA and then Alaska seem the most likely.  

We just need to see if she leaves Port Klang tomorrow. If she is going to LA she will have to get on with it. If she sits in port for a few days it would strongly suggest she is staying in the region and as I speculated earlier, operate out of Port Klang and avoid Singapore.

4 hours ago, gingernm said:

We have Farrier Park booked for the pre-cruise hotel and The Stamford post cruise.  So looking at Sentosa should the cruise be cancelled.   Will prob book something that has free cancellation.

At Farrer Park you should be off to a good start, it's in the middle of Little India and right atop a MRT-station. We stayed there a couple of nights in January, and had it booked again for a night between future cruises but had to cancel due to cruise-plans & schedules going wayward. They proved very flexible and gave a full refund on a non-refundable booking, no hassle whatsoever. Actually, if you are easygoing and like to explore, there's no need to really prebook if you are set for the first night already. Nobody seems to know what is going to happen with the cruises and even the whole situation even a week from now - but one thing is certain, there's zero risk of hotels in Singapore being fully booked, so you will always find a roof over your head in a place you like once you are here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maria63 said:

At Farrer Park you should be off to a good start, it's in the middle of Little India and right atop a MRT-station. We stayed there a couple of nights in January, and had it booked again for a night between future cruises but had to cancel due to cruise-plans & schedules going wayward. They proved very flexible and gave a full refund on a non-refundable booking, no hassle whatsoever. Actually, if you are easygoing and like to explore, there's no need to really prebook if you are set for the first night already. Nobody seems to know what is going to happen with the cruises and even the whole situation even a week from now - but one thing is certain, there's zero risk of hotels in Singapore being fully booked, so you will always find a roof over your head in a place you like once you are here.

True!

Even looking at what cheap flights we can hit, should the cruise be cancelled, get to explore another part of Asia.

9 minutes ago, csnarpy said:

i just looked at bookings and there are now multiple short cruises out of Port Klang and Singapore.  I guess that will be the temporary resolve unless they need to leave Asia as a whole.

This is still the old schedule with cruises from Singapore and Port Kelang as port of call on some cruises...

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, WaveSplasher said:

Quantum has updated her destination. She will be arriving back in Singapore on 24 Feb 2020 when she was suppose to arrive after her 9 night cruise. So i guess she will be doing a 6 night High Sea "cruise"

I doubt she will resume sailings from Singapore any time soon.  

11 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

I doubt she will resume sailings from Singapore any time soon.  

Regardless, someone on the bridge over the last few hours updated her AIS to report her destination is SIN arriving on 2/24.

(It say 2/23 below because my phone is in North America)

20200216_224912.thumb.jpg.5f42c14f9b17a084512dc6433d7d3b85.jpg

• Like 1

A year ago we booked the Quantum for March 22nd. We are currently looking at the development with horror. Before the cruise we booked the Marina Sands Bay, should the cruise be canceled we plan to book a hotel for the 5 days in Sentosa. I'm currently looking for alternatives, unfortunately there is nothing else to do but wait.

For what it's worth NCL Jade debarked guests today in Singapore but has officially cancelled today's (Feb 17th) sailing. Next sailing is supposed to be Feb 27th but is still hanging in the air. Jade has acc. to marinetraffic.com now left Singapore and destination seems to be Port Klang, where she'll presumably will be joining up with Quantum. Port Klang probably offers more affordable long-term parking for cruise ships with no immediate plans for the future...

*****?? Not due in Singapore for days according to her destination info. I think we will know over the next 48 hrs what is happening i.e. heading to LA, Singapore or elsewhere. I understand they are now offering FCC for next sailing 4 Mar. I wonder if this is a phased approach to a cancellation - fill up as many cabins as possible on other cruises before ultimate cancellation.