So where is Quantum of the Seas heading now??

Bader

10 hours ago, Bader said:

Getting back now to the subject matter of this thread, Quantum of the Seas is on the move again.  She has just left Manila bound for.....................Manila.  Looks like another cruise around in circles again.  She returns 12 March 2100hrs local time.

I saw on social media the crew was denied shore leave but the port authority did allow those that were leaving the ship to disembark and travel to the airport. 

It looks like Singapore may be cruise ship friendly.  They allowed the Costa Fortuna to dock and put out this statement. https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/second-joint-statement-by-moh-mpa-and-stb-precautionary-measures-taken-for-cruise-ship-s-scheduled-call-at-singapore

If Singapore can work with other countries to open ports, cruises maybe able to sail again.  Tourism helps all these countries and completely shutting it down is going to hurt.  

BTW a company in Singapore has created a 3-6 hour test for covid-19.  So Singapore maybe in a good position to work with these cruise lines and identify a protocol besides mass quarantines. 

44 minutes ago, snaefell said:

Is she showing on any other cruise port schedules on the U.S. Western coast does anybody know?

So far only Catalina Island as tentative, nothing in San Pedro, San Diego or San Francisco. It would be nice to know if Quantum is realy going to the West Coast in April and if this is for 3 and 4 day or 7 day cruises. It looks like a 3 and 4 day pattern with Catalina on the 4 day schedule plus I trust Ensenade on all cruises. Could leave from San Pedro on Monday and Fridays. Just speculation of course!   

QUANTUM - APRIL CRUISE CANCELLED.

Just received an email from Royal this morning saying that our April 17th Cruise on Quantum out of Singapore is cancelled.

Same conditions as previous cancellations I think.

>>>>>

As a result, we’re providing you with the following:

A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form of payment, including any non-refundable deposits. 
A refund for any pre-paid amenities and packages – like internet, beverage, and dining. And know, if you purchased a RoyalUp Upgrade, that too will be refunded to you. 
We’ll begin processing all refunds immediately, and depending on your banking institution or method of payment, you should start seeing these refunds by March 25th, 2020, but most likely sooner. Please note, that if you paid via a wire transfer or check, your refund will take at least a week longer.   
If you purchased air or hotel… 
via Royal Caribbean, these will also be automatically refunded to you. 
on your own, we will assist you with air change or cancellation fees. We will cover $200 USD per person for domestic flights or $400 USD per person for international flights. Please send your receipts to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for reimbursement. Please reach out to your hotel provider for reimbursement.  <<<<

So that's that. Wasn't unexpected but good to know in a timely manner.

We'd already made a back up booking for the 5n at a hotel in Singapore as we will likely still go barring any escalation of travel warnings etc..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quantum is currently on the way to Busan South Korea, not being allowed to dock but picking up fuel and supplies for all of the crew still stuck onboard. There is an American  crew member posting on You Tube with video updates.  Apparently they are no longer being paid but are able to stay safe onboard  because no ports will allow them to get off and fly home. There are no cases of the virus onboard at least.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kernow said:

Quantum is currently on the way to Busan South Korea, not being allowed to dock but picking up fuel and supplies for all of the crew still stuck onboard. There is an American  crew member posting on You Tube with video updates.  Apparently they are no longer being paid but are able to stay safe onboard  because no ports will allow them to get off and fly home. There are no cases of the virus onboard at least.

Hope they stay safe & well,I wonder how many will be sick of cruising by the end of this!

12 hours ago, TRUEBLUE66 said:

Maybe RC and others are holding out some hope of a restart to the China market soon?

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22699-chinese-cruise-industry-could-start-up-first.html

I don't think that's the feeling of the crew onboard if you watch the videos. No Chinese ports will even let them in for supplies let alone to get off the ship.

3 hours ago, kernow said:

I don't think that's the feeling of the crew onboard if you watch the videos. No Chinese ports will even let them in for supplies let alone to get off the ship.

I do wonder what sort of life they have,are they enjoying the facilities usually only available to the cruising public or confined to crew quarters?

24 minutes ago, snaefell said:

I do wonder what sort of life they have,are they enjoying the facilities usually only available to the cruising public or confined to crew quarters?

In the video he walks around the empty ship so they must be allowed out although everything looks closed. Some of the crew have posted on the Quantum FB page which is where I found the link.

4 minutes ago, kernow said:

In the video he walks around the empty ship so they must be allowed out although everything looks closed. Some of the crew have posted on the Quantum FB page which is where I found the link.

At least Sun beds shouldn't be hard to come by!

On 4/1/2020 at 6:04 AM, kernow said:

1 hour ago, snaefell said:

Destination Shanghai,reports from China of things returning to normal,normal enough to restart cruising?

With their track record would anybody believe that to be good news if they did!?!?

Genting is ready for it and has a plan: https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/rigorous-genting-measures-show-what-cruise-lines-may-do-post-covid-19-era