Celebrity showing another booking!

sam49

Just logged into my Celebrity account to pay my balance and the planner is showing two cruises!  One is the cruise booked for my husband and I, the other is for a different cruise booked in two different names.

I have been desperately looking for an email/UK contact number for Celebrity but the ones on my confirmation (sent two weeks ago) aren't valid .

Anyone got any ideas? Is this a normal thing with Celebrity seems like a data breach to me.

If you have a cruise to the Caribbean in September and your surname begins with G it appears we have your cruise information.

Yikes ....

I know a while back, Celebrity had my email attached to someone else and I would receive notifications to 'Andrew' that my cruise to such and such was all ready to go .. did I want to  book my specialty restaurants or excursions.  

Love their cruises .... not so confident in their IT department.  A little quality control goes a long way ....

This happened to me with our booking last September on the Constellation. 
A few weeks before departure I pulled up the cruise planner and it had mine and another party of 2  from Brazil's booking too.

I called X and they removed it right away but the rep had no explanation. 
It's a little disturbing that anyone's information could appear in someone else's booking. 
Not good at all.

And I just found a price online almost $2000 cheaper than the TA portal. Even a phone call to the main Celebrity line, and they couldn't duplicate the price I was getting on the web. So, I booked it myself, and will transfer this week.

• Like 1

And I just found a price online almost $2000 cheaper than the TA portal. Even a phone call to the main Celebrity line, and they couldn't duplicate the price I was getting on the web. So, I booked it myself, and will transfer this week.

This exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, check your confirmation email carefully as mine didn’t include the perks and OBC that my online booking indicated. I had speak to several reps to get it corrected and at first they were not going to honour my purchase... fortunately I had saved all screen shots and only after emailing them the images did they honour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, sam49 said:

Just logged into my Celebrity account to pay my balance and the planner is showing two cruises!  One is the cruise booked for my husband and I, the other is for a different cruise booked in two different names.

I have been desperately looking for an email/UK contact number for Celebrity but the ones on my confirmation (sent two weeks ago) aren't valid .

Anyone got any ideas? Is this a normal thing with Celebrity seems like a data breach to me.

If you have a cruise to the Caribbean in September and your surname begins with G it appears we have your cruise information.

It happens on Celebrity's sister company Azamara as well.

9 hours ago, sam49 said:

I personally would not worry about it. It happens when someone enters a Captain's Club number incorrectly - in this case yours.

As for emailing - either UK or USA will work fine.

Relax.  Celebrity has better cruises than websites. I also ALWAYS book with a TA. That way they fix any issues.

14 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I know a while back, Celebrity had my email attached to someone else and I would receive notifications to 'Andrew' that my cruise to such and such was all ready to go .. did I want to  book my specialty restaurants or excursions. 

Exactly what happened to us. I kept e mailing Celebrity telling them I didn’t have a cruise booked at that time, to no avail. Eventually, when I was sent the other person’s invoice I put a complaint on their social media page. We were phoned within the hour to be told  the other customer had the same first name as me and a very similar surname.

I was reluctant to phone, as I live in UK and objected to paying US call charges.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sam49 said:

We had the same thing a few years ago, I rang Celebrity Uk and explained that I had someone else’s booking on my planner. I told them to ring me back which they did. 
I had access to a lot of this persons details, when Celebrity rang back they couldn’t explain why this had happened but the booking disappeared and I don’t know if the other person involved was any wiser. I think it was a bit scary that someone could have your details in this way.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2020 at 2:24 AM, az_tchr said:

I personally would not worry about it. It happens when someone enters a Captain's Club number incorrectly - in this case yours.

As for emailing - either UK or USA will work fine.

Relax.  Celebrity has better cruises than websites. I also ALWAYS book with a TA. That way they fix any issues.

Thanks to everyone who replied I have phoned and emailed Celebrity, still no joy, no reply to email and cant get through on the phone.

No I'm  not relaxed about this as I can not only see someone else's cruise, I can also see all of their personal details, so I assume that they can also see mine. Not sure of the data protection rules in USA, but here in the UK they could be fined. 

10 minutes ago, sam49 said:

Thanks to everyone who replied I have phoned and emailed Celebrity, still no joy, no reply to email and cant get through on the phone.

No I'm  not relaxed about this as I can not only see someone else's cruise, I can also see all of their personal details, so I assume that they can also see mine. Not sure of the data protection rules in USA, but here in the UK they could be fined. 

They could be fined in the USA as well but with thousands of data breaches don't think anyone would care.

As for getting it fixed - that would likely happen only in Miami. It was a holiday here on Monday for many.

It is not likely they can see your data.

I would suggest using an app and calling them in the US. I got in immediately in the last few days.

Sorry you have had a hassle with this.

PS if you like would be happy to contact X. Email me at az underscore tchr at yahoo dot com if you wish

Joss

Edited by az_tchr