New Survey

combine

Just received an email here in the  UK with a new survey attached,.

Looks different to that of last year.

’Help Enhance our Land Explorations’

A quick look indicates 31 questions, so may tackle this in the morning! 

861F2CBB-DEBE-48B5-BCF0-361E001B3E54.jpeg

I just tried but the next to last question is a text box and on an iPad the keyboard won’t come up to type anything into it.  You can’t complete the survey without typing something so, having taken the time and effort to complete it, it had to be binned.....

3 minutes ago, uktog said:

I completed it, it was one of their better ones. It’s not about land discoveries during the cruise but the pre and post cruise program 

oh interesting. I  always organise our pre and post stays myself as Azamara’s are way too expensive. I’d better get myself ready for the questions! 

3 minutes ago, combine said:

oh interesting. I  always organise our pre and post stays myself as Azamara’s are way too expensive. I’d better get myself ready for the questions! 

They do ask if you don’t use them because they are too expensive - easy one to answer. Maybe at last they are realising! 

• Like 4

I have completed the survey - another "Survey Monkey" production - not as bad as some, but very difficult to give a single answer when one uses several different areas to make travel decisions - for example areas used for choosing pre and post stays - but I was able to combine three I use under "other".

I do wish they would include a space for comments!

I got the same survey.   I suspect Azamara’s pre and post cruise options are nice, but, as others have said, the prices prevent me from ever taking them.   Even the price ranges in the survey were much higher than I would consider paying for pre or post cruise plans anywhere other than a very exotic and expensive location.   When Azamara charges $1200 per person for a 3 night stay in a European city where I can book a 5 star hotel for $300, they’ve lost my interest.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Werangels said:

I just tried but the next to last question is a text box and on an iPad the keyboard won’t come up to type anything into it.  You can’t complete the survey without typing something so, having taken the time and effort to complete it, it had to be binned.....

I had the same trouble, but then I tried it on my phone, and it was fine.  Since the operating system was split for the iPhone and iPad, people don’t always write things to be compatible with the iPad as well as the iPhone any more.

8 hours ago, Werangels said:

I had the same problem using my iPad in landscape mode but in portrait it worked ok. 

I found using an IPad at times the print went very pale, but still worked. As others have said price is an issue - asking if I’ll spend up to $250 a night for a hotel, with no lower price point! The only place I’ve spent anywhere near that is Oslo, but generally we get a hotel for around $100 a night.

It looked like Azamara were trying to gauge the price sensitivity of guests and also how realistic expectations are in terms of price and inclusions. For me and I tried to get it over it’s not the price itself that would attract me to an Azamara deal it’s the perceived value. If I see the high mark ups I currently do it’s a turn off. 
I would and do pay $250/£200 a night and more for 2 if the brand/reputation and location is right. But I would not pay it for a room I can book direct for $150 a night. The pre/post hotel can be part of the holiday often (eg The Taj, what an experience) if it’s just an overnight staging post I wouldn’t use Azamara anyway and I will use the brands I know (eg Holiday Inn Express, Ibis etc) they can be above $100 though in many places in Europe these days but are consistent 

PS. Did the survey on iPhone no problem 

Edited by uktog

I had some problems with the questions.  For example you had to list Hotels in order or preference before moving to next page.  I have only stayed in a few of those groups listed - I would be unlikely to want to stay in most of these groups on a pre or post cruise stay.

12 minutes ago, Mrs Miggins said:

I had some problems with the questions.  For example you had to list Hotels in order or preference before moving to next page.  I have only stayed in a few of those groups listed - I would be unlikely to want to stay in most of these groups on a pre or post cruise stay.

Interesting my survey did not offer me hotels chains to rank, probably based on answers to a previous question. I think if I remember right I was asked to rank hotel facilities and types off additional excursion experiences

• Like 1

3 hours ago, uktog said:

Interesting my survey did not offer me hotels chains to rank, probably based on answers to a previous question. I think if I remember right I was asked to rank hotel facilities and types off additional excursion experiences

Interesting - when I did it it gave me Hotel brands but not facilities. Sounds like there are a mixture of questions.

1 hour ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Interesting - when I did it it gave me Hotel brands but not facilities. Sounds like there are a mixture of questions.

It’s driven by the answers you gave to earlier questions eg what star rating of hotel you stayed in. 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Did it ask you what star hotels you normally choose I think that’s when the survey spun to different options as the question count jumped then 

No:  Question 6 gave 4 options:  Luxury, Boutique, Large Chain, Other

I ticked Boutique and Question 7 then gave 12 options including Boutique, No Preference,Marriott, The W, Hilton.Hyatt, InterContinental, Fairmont, Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, JW Marriott and My preferred hotel brand is not listed.  You had to rank each one before moving on.   

From the responses here, it certainly does appear that the survey asked some different questions.

Must wonder then how the results will show accurate percentages of all those who completed the survey, when not all have had the opportunity to answer all the questions?

4 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

No:  Question 6 gave 4 options:  Luxury, Boutique, Large Chain, Other

I ticked Boutique and Question 7 then gave 12 options including Boutique, No Preference,Marriott, The W, Hilton.Hyatt, InterContinental, Fairmont, Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, JW Marriott and My preferred hotel brand is not listed.  You had to rank each one before moving on.   

Hmmm, I wasn't given the option to elaborate too and I ticket Boutique.....strange