Panorama Departs 4:30pm. Fly in to LAX at 8:47am Should be good right?

apwatson1971

Yes,That's plenty of time assuming your flight is on time.

It is interesting to me that folks that fly in from all over are comfy arranging this as you never know when a plane will be delayed or cancelled for some reason.

We live only about an  1 1/2 hours from the port and still like to drive up the day before.

Up to you how safe you feel with this sort of arrangement.

• Like 1

I've always done the day before thing, but because of the large time difference from landing to departing of the boat, there seems like there should be enough flexibility even if there are any delays on the flight. It's a non-stop flight as well. I'll look at the pricing for a hotel and decided if it's worth the low risk though.

On 2/20/2020 at 9:29 AM, apwatson1971 said:

I've always done the day before thing, but because of the large time difference from landing to departing of the boat, there seems like there should be enough flexibility even if there are any delays on the flight. It's a non-stop flight as well. I'll look at the pricing for a hotel and decided if it's worth the low risk though.

More than enough time, even if you are a couple of hours late.

On 2/19/2020 at 8:19 PM, apwatson1971 said:

We are on the Carnival Panorama leaving out of Long Beach on June 20th. If our flight arrives at 847am in LAX that same day, we should have plenty of time right? It says the ship departs at 4:30 pm.

Maybe, but you have to be on board 60-90 minutes before departure.  They have to turn in a passenger list to Homeland security and do the muster drill before sail away.

6 hours ago, cathyz said:

Maybe, but you have to be on board 60-90 minutes before departure.  They have to turn in a passenger list to Homeland security and do the muster drill before sail away.

On some cruise lines, it’s two hours prior to embarkation. I don’t know Carnival’s policy.