Credit for cruise

crewsin250

I have a cruise booked for Easter and just found out I have a torn rotor cuff and may have to have surgery if we do not show up for cruise and it is already paid for will I still get my crown and anchor points for this sailing, this was going to make me a diamond member. It is to late to cancel without penalty, which is ok but if I am not going to get the points I can still get the taxes back I think.

Paul 

4 minutes ago, crewsin250 said:

I have a cruise booked for Easter and just found out I have a torn rotor cuff and may have to have surgery if we do not show up for cruise and it is already paid for will I still get my crown and anchor points for this sailing, this was going to make me a diamond member. It is to late to cancel without penalty, which is ok but if I am not going to get the points I can still get the taxes back I think.

Paul 

Unless you actually set foot on the ship you do not get points. 

Up until 30 days prior to sailing you can still get a 25% refund plus port fees and taxes 

check to see if your our credit card had any travel protection as well. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, crewsin250 said:

Paul 

You must sail to get the points

What's holding you back from going?  I shattered my elbow and required extensive surgery the week before the cruise.  We didn't do any excursion but still enjoyed the trip.  I have no regrets.  Stay on the ship, enjoy the time away, and relax.  When do you think you'll get surgery? 

I do understand where you're coming from though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crewsin250 said:

Paul 

I've had both rotator cuffs done.  I would talk to the surgeon.  You may have quite a bit of flexibility in the date for your surgery.  

• Like 1

If you absolutely can't go on the trip, if you know someone who would want to go on the trip solo, you could "sell" them your room. 

You change one name on the room to their name and the other person is a no-show, and they pay you cash for a mutually-agreed-upon price.   

Whether you cancel the room and get your 25% refund or whether you no-show, you still get back any port fees/taxes for anyone who doesn't take the trip, plus any Cruise Planner purchases or prepaid gratuities.

Thanks to everyone for all the info and advise on this matter, I knew if I wanted an answer that this was the site to get it.

I am still a couple of weeks out from surgery so I may talk with Dr and see if he fills it will be ok to go or change the date of surgery.

Thanks Paul