Boarding Time

Palmtreelover1

44 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

You will get notification from Princess as to your boarding time. If you haven't done a search on this forum for the answer, best to follow Princess guidelines.

The Progressive Boarding times Princess will suggest are just that - suggestions.  Arrive at the terminal when it is convenient for you, but I would suggest between 10:30 AM and 1PM.  No need to rush to get to the ship - you won't be the first to board anyway and you're already on vacation.  Might as well start 'island time' before boarding. 

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

Princess boarding times are simply suggestions.  You can board anytime after 11:00 usually.  There will be a crowd ready to board at 11:00 so prepare to wait in line.  If you want to just walk on without a crowd try after 2 pm or so.  Cabins are many times not ready until 1 pm but they will let you put your carry-on in the cabin then leave to go to get something to eat or tour the ship.   We are always the first to board as we want to start our sailing ASAP.  

Is this 11:00AM boarding time just for this ship out of Lauderdale or in general for all Princess ships?  I'm on the Royal March 7 to MX out of Long Beach CA and been told 12:30. 1:00, 1:30 and even once told 11:30. So, not sure which is it but it would help planning arrival time to port.

23 minutes ago, PRNole47 said:

Is this 11:00AM boarding time just for this ship out of Lauderdale or in general for all Princess ships?  I'm on the Royal March 7 to MX out of Long Beach CA and been told 12:30. 1:00, 1:30 and even once told 11:30. So, not sure which is it but it would help planning arrival time to port.

San Pedro in our experience is Noon or earlier.

Port Everglades is earlier because they have upgraded the terminal etc.

The staggered times throughout the day are a suggestion.

12 minutes ago, Laurie S. said:

I haven't been on Princess since 2011, do they allow you to go to the cabins when you board?  We have priority boarding.

depends … if ready, maybe … if not ready, maybe to at least drop off carryons

15 minutes ago, Laurie S. said:

I haven't been on Princess since 2011, do they allow you to go to the cabins when you board?  We have priority boarding.

Not always.

If they are not ready until 1:00 they sometimes have a crew staffed bag check until they are so you don't have to lug them around.

Sometimes fire doors are closed to cabin corridors as well so access is not possible until they are ready.

They usually advise at check in whether they will be ready or not.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

In the past few years the cabins have mostly been ready & if not just drop off your luggage & go to lunch. We've never encountered closed doors that keep us from the cabins. 

Earlier this month was the first time I encountered elevators on boarding day that were not manned by staff blocking access to the cabin decks.  Policies may be changing or it may have been the usual case where policies differ from ship to ship and person to person in Princess.  Whatever the case,  I would anticipate the possibility of not getting to your cabin early as I would hope they are performing a more intensive sanitization of all surfaces in the cabins and not just giving emphasis to the bathroom (head.)